Newton Harbour

EnglishElectricFan

I'd say it was a bit more than similar, the only thing missing is the SWITCH logo! ;)

I had noticed the 'professional modeller' advertising it on ebay a few months ago and asked him when I could expect the commission cheque, needless to say the pics disappeared very quickly!

I'm glad that my humble efforts helped inspire you Simon.

Hi Ian

I would hardly call your modelling efforts Humble !!

Tidworth is a cracking layout. I hope you are saving up for a couple of 4TC sets from Kernow models !

On the plus side about the warehouse, you know where there is a spare should anything happen to yours! (hopefully not). The only niggle I have with it, is the loading platform was built the same height as a normal platform, so any goods vehicles that use the warehouse, the van side doors are below the surface height !

Will you be bringing Tidworh 'Up North' for any future exhibitions?

Regards

Simon

Last weekends final job, was to un-weather the nose front on the class 40 as it was too dark in appearance. With a subtle coat of sleeper grime, it now looks much better in my eyes.Just need a final coat of matt varnish to tone the yellow down and another is ready to be fitted with sound.

post-9658-0-66595800-1471345514.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Will you be bringing Tidworh 'Up North' for any future exhibitions?

Regards

Simon

Thanks for the praise I'd happily bring Tidworth up north I just need an invite! Furthest north scheduled to be Warley 2018 so far.

I have a NSE 4TC on order.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update from Newton Harbour.

Not much has been done with the trackwaork of late, as I have been concentrating on the stock front. I have now completed my rake of VEA vans with the last one painted and ready for transfers. I will be attempting more on the electrics and track as I need to get stuck in as I now need some running sessions!!! The weather has slowed me down from August as I needed to utilise the garden for some 'digging' out of the polystyrene under the layout for the point motors. This will now have to be done in the conservatory during autumn (hoover at hand). I have posted a couple of photos of my push pull set, just need bachmanns DBSO niow !

post-9658-0-74966800-1476548126.jpg

post-9658-0-99035500-1476548135.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Due to family matters and my workload taking all my time up, Newton Harbours progress is somewhat stagnant to say the least. However, I have been doing the odd renevation job on detailing parts that have become unattached from their respective loco etc, and also in the progress of renumbering and detailing stock . Of which is a class 26 I picked up (pre-owned) 2nd hand !

The loco's previous owner had not fitted the discs to the front of the loco, filling in the lights with clear fill solution as a flush front modified example. Also an Eastfield Westie had been attached to both sides. It looked fine, but very incorrect as the water/fuel tanks remained as a pre modified type. So it was out with the craft knife, re-open the holes for the marker lights etc and remove the Westie from the sides. I have attached discs to the front and now only need to matt varnish the sides to cover the shiny paintwork were the Eastfield hound once graced.

Heres a few shots of the loco with a TPO van in the platform.

I will be re-wiring the layout in the summer months, then hopefully can get the scenic work started once all is running smoothly.

post-9658-0-36980200-1486563667.jpg

post-9658-0-39766300-1486563674.jpg

post-9658-0-75371700-1486563681.jpg

Edited by EnglishElectricFan
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Not much done today unfortunately. Had planned to static grass the front roadside, but ended up toning the road down with weathering powders . I used Vallejo pigments of varying shades. First time I've done this. Check out the difference of the non weathered at the rear to the weathered road at the front. The interlopers will be used when the layout is run as a south west harbour.

Not much done today unfortunately. Had planned to static grass the front roadside, but ended up toning the road down with weathering powders . I used Vallejo pigments of varying shades. First time I've done this. Check out the difference of the non weathered at the rear to the weathered road at the front. The interlopers will be used when the layout is run as a south west harbour.

post-9658-0-30648100-1491760829_thumb.jpg
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Multiple likes on the Traction fleet. Good Jock 26 and Split box 40 rare as anything now. One observation the ID backscene of Stoke distribution depot is a bit modern. Any alternatives considered?

Ian

Hi Ian

I'm going to replace the Backscenes as a you so rightly say, it's too modern. I have a dockside scene which will be used on this board and the next two boards. (Covers approx 10ft in length). I also have some Victorian warehouse fronts which I may place behind the warehouse so the top floors are just visable over the roof.

Thanks for the comments.

• 3 weeks later...