Class 92 And the Scottish sleeper photos

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've started a topic to feature the layouts I see and photo/video at exhibitions I visit.

Here's the link

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/112455-exhibition-photo-and-video-diary/

Please visit and take a look. If you like please post any photos/videos of layouts you see

A couple of shots of 92014 being used as a ferry loco on the WCML.

post-7258-0-82519500-1466945820_thumb.jpg

Seen at Easenhall, 92014 has 66720 & 90048 in tow as it works 0Z86 Willesden TMD to Crewe HS. 02.06.2016

post-7258-0-73722200-1466945840_thumb.jpg

The next day, 92014 drags 66720 back up the WCML. Seen at Comberford Hall working 0Z92 Crewe HS to Willesden TMD. 03.06.2016

Andy.

Edited by SWT442
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Does anyone have a clue if the DBC 92's will return to the network. I ask this as they are only cleared for HS1 and Chunnel now the system safety certificate has expired or something along those lines, barring them from the network. Considering they were beasts on intermodal workings and on 25kv AC, they packed more power than any North American diesel, they are surely decent locos. Even with the problems of sitting down, cant they make a batch for Chunnel and a batch for the UK only, making them more reliable?

Ben

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Does anyone have a clue if the DBC 92's will return to the network. I ask this as they are only cleared for HS1 and Chunnel now the system safety certificate has expired or something along those lines, barring them from the network. Considering they were beasts on intermodal workings and on 25kv AC, they packed more power than any North American diesel, they are surely decent locos. Even with the problems of sitting down, cant they make a batch for Chunnel and a batch for the UK only, making them more reliable?

Ben

I think it’s a case of DBC 92’s crew traction knowledge to run on the national system rather than anything else as the safety case would apply to GBRf as well. DBC’s 92’s that are running in the UK are configured for HS1 and the Channel Tunnel though those stored at Crewe Electric TMD could be returned to service to run here, if there not already cannibalised.

I notice that the 92’s in mainland Europe bar one have now been moved to Croatia.

I think it’s a case of DBC 92’s crew traction knowledge to run on the national system rather than anything else as the safety case would apply to GBRf as well. DBC’s 92’s that are running in the UK are configured for HS1 and the Channel Tunnel though those stored at Crewe Electric TMD could be returned to service to run here, if there not already cannibalised.

I notice that the 92’s in mainland Europe bar one have now been moved to Croatia.

If DB wishes to retain the Channel Tunnel traffic, then it has to make sure that it has enough 92s to cover that, with allowances for contingencies, as there's nothing else that can be used through the tunnel. I have noticed recently that the locos working to and from France seem to be much more tightly diagrammed, seemingly making several return trips during a shift.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...