Old GF 37 modification

josh_will

Hi all,

I have an old Farish class 37 and I'd like to make this my first project for modifying a model.

It is class 37 308, in small logo blue. It is a South Wales locomotive, with handrails at the nose ends, and a single headlight underneath the domino fitting.

I want to convert it to a Highland region locomotive, either a 37/0 such as 37 260, or a 37/4, probably with large logo. Could I get some help with what detail changes I need to make to arrive at one of these?

Thanks

Josh

Sadly by this time the differences on each loco can be quite severe 

I would suggest you firstly make a short list of the locos you want to model 
Next look at photos of those specific locos, such as flickr 

The old Farish Class 37 is a very poor base model, unless this is simply a test project 
Personally, I would purchase a brand new model specific to the loco to be modelled 

Over the course of the last two years I have disposed of all my older Class 37 models, and are all now the newer type 
The difference is staggering

Sadly by this time the differences on each loco can be quite severe 

I would suggest you firstly make a short list of the locos you want to model 

Next look at photos of those specific locos, such as flickr 

The old Farish Class 37 is a very poor base model, unless this is simply a test project 

Personally, I would purchase a brand new model specific to the loco to be modelled 

Over the course of the last two years I have disposed of all my older Class 37 models, and are all now the newer type 

The difference is staggering

I think I'd like to aim for this:

http://www.class37info.co.uk/imagepage.aspx?strnumber=dj37262

I'm just doing this as a test piece really. It looks as though I'd need to cut away the moulding of the high intensity headlight on the model, smooth the surface and replace the oval buffers with round ones, besides renumbering.

Archived