Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Jock 67B

Andrew P

Jock, you are very much missed over on ERs.  The courage and determination with which you fought your illness was inspirational.  Wherever you are, may you rest in peace.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Like 9

Such a special contributor to this site, especially on Early Risers where his selfless concern for the misfortunes of others shone through the dark times in his own life. Gone but never forgotten.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Jock, as many have already said you will be much missed.   We corresponded about various topics but your humanity and kindness shone through all of them.  May you rest in peace.  I must get my 2P that will be numbered 4​67 in honour of Hurlford completed.

Jamie

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

It's all being said already in the previous posts, and at the risk of a "me too" post, I too add my condolences to my late cyber-friend's family.  My day was always brightened by your posts and comments.

RIP Jock.

Stewart

(your one time music teacher's son)

• Like 15

It was an honour to know Jock, albeit in virtual form.

His ability to care for others despite his own trying circumstances is an example we'd all do well to try to follow.

His love for and pride in his family shone through all his posts. My condolences to them.

• RMweb Gold

He battled brave and hard and kept an optimistic view despite the difficulties he was facing, an inspiration to us all.

My condolences to all his family and friends.

RIP Jock.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

RIP Jock.

You became such an integral part of the Lunester community. It seems empty without you around, offering insights, encouragement and general cheerfulness.

We will all remember you.

Jeff

• Like 2

I'm at the other end of the UK, in Jock's homeland, so we never met - but his fighting spirit, enthusiasm, encouragement, and kindness to others with problems less severe than his, should be an example to us all. Smooth rails and a comfortable ride, Mate. Oh bu99er! my eyes have just started raining!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Like many, I never knowingly met Jock but his contributions to the progress of my layout were always welcome. I believe the old MR/LMS 2P was one of his favourite locos. Rest in peace, Jock and rise in glory.

post-16241-0-80787700-1462897436_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

I always felt frustrated that despite my love of all things ScR, I couldn't ever really help you with some of your fascinating requests for information about your beloved Hurlford.  You are surely the reason I developed a fascination with Crabs! 

The dogged determination with which you pursued your modelling nirvana seems to have characterised your approach to an entirely more devastating set of circumstances too.

Huge respect to someone I only encountered on these virtual pages.  Your loved ones will I'm sure be rightly proud, behind their natural and necessary grieving.  

Rest in peace, Jock.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

My first (of many) PMs exchanged with Jock was a couple of days after he joined ERs, and I recognised the 67B shedcode right away, and prompted me to PM him to see what (if anything) was his connection to Hurlford shed. 

His reply was typical of the Jock that we came to know well here, and gave lots of info about his background, and that he and I had gone to the same school - though at different times.  He would have been three or four years ahead of me.  Further on in the PM and more of less as an aside was that he was having chemo for his cancer, but that was very much a by the by, and he was mor interested in the people with whom he was communing online.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I've said this before but I've learnt a lot from Jock about dealing with major adversity. Thank you mate - if I ever have to deal with the same thing I hope I can face it with just some of the courage that you did.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I always knew when Jock was on my thread by the number of notifications.  What I model was not Jock's area or time but he was always helpful and supportive and contributed regularly.

Condolences to Joanna and his family who he thought so much of and who he was obviously proud.

• Like 8