66779 then Bachmann ?

ronnie thommo

This has surely got to be in the pipeline for Bachmann hasn't it ?  :yes:

Having superbly recreated 66718 & 66721 in the 2 TFL liveries, surely 66779 is next.

The real thing is fantastic having seen it at York, and surely Bachmann will turn this one out don't you think. ?

Love them or hate them, Class 66's carry differing liveries well, even the EWS versions which get the thumbs up from me as I can actually see the numbers in the real world !. ( You'll be my age one day !! )

Do you think you buy models from time to time based on the livery ?

I don't have GbRF loco's on my layout as I am either EWS, Colas or DRS, but I would buy 779 because it would surely look great on any layout

Iv'e missed the boat on the TFL ones, but the same applies, yes ?

There is one exception though. The awful sickly pinky red of DB Schenker  :blind:

Yuk !

DRS'  new livery about to appear on 66434 ? A bit plain Jane DRS ?

You're favourite liveries folks ??

So, come on Bachmann, I'm waiting  !  :)

• RMweb Premium

Iv'e missed the boat on the TFL ones, but the same applies, yes ?

Apparently the LTM Museum are keeping some back for sale in the shop and also for further pre-orders nearer the release date. So you still have a chance.

• RMweb Gold

i was going to comment on the LT ones earlier too but didnt as it opens a can of worms, however as brushman says you can order them from the shop, as i did 2 weeks ago, there is quite a lot of discussion about it (the rights and wrongs of the system) in the dedicated thread

as for 66779, its actually kind of growing on me a bit now, if it was released as a limited edition i may well partake as im quite partial to gbrf machines, i havent ordered the rainbow one yet, but as also discussed on the LT 66 thread its purely the cost of all these new 66s appearing at once (including pre orders i have on mainstream items) that puts me off ordering one and thats without a model 779 making a surprise apperance to futher dent my wallet

Didn't know that LT were keeping some back, so that's tempting I must say, however I'm having to wash enough pots as it is as iv'e ordered some Dapol 68's which are imminent, but that's another story.

You're right Big Jim everything I want is coming at once, The 68's as above, 57305 in Northern Belle, 66434 on the boat I'm led to believe, the EWS 66's, all ordered. wow I can't keep up

Gonna cost me a bomb in flowers this lot !!!!!

Perhaps it could be a model from the National Collection in Miniature series as the full size locomotive is going to be donated to the National Railway Museum at the end on it life and they are just waiting for the model to arrive before announcing it. It could be done just like they did with the Harry Patch HST.

I'd have one even though its not really the era I prefer to model however it looks good only let down by the white numbers, would look better as cast or at least shadowed.

What about 66746 in Royal Scotsman livery, would anyone fancy one of these as well ? 

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps it could be a model from the National Collection in Miniature series as the full size locomotive is going to be donated to the National Railway Museum at the end on it life and they are just waiting for the model to arrive before announcing it. It could be done just like they did with the Harry Patch HST.

There's a few LtdEd 66s on their way very soon - maybe there's another one in there?

Although the real coup with Harry Patch was unveiling the model at the same time as the prototype.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

From latest locomotion newsletter: "Watch your inbox on Monday 30th May for a special announcement! What can it be? A steamie or a diesel? We might surprise you all and make a shed!"

Red herring or a subtle hint?

From latest locomotion newsletter: "Watch your inbox on Monday 30th May for a special announcement! What can it be? A steamie or a diesel? We might surprise you all and make a shed!"

Red herring or a subtle hint?

I think you may be on to something there!

Fingers crossed someone does it.

I'd have one even though its not really the era I prefer to model however it looks good only let down by the white numbers, would look better as cast or at least shadowed.

What about 66746 in Royal Scotsman livery, would anyone fancy one of these as well ? 

And 66743.

post-1685-0-35095000-1464505060.jpg

Photo courtesy of GBRf.

• Like 1

I had a really strange dream last night....dreamt at this coming weekend's DEMU show that Bachmann where selling 66779 ??????

attachicon.gifIMG_2650.JPG

:jester:  :jester:

I had a really strange dream last night....dreamt at this coming weekend's DEMU show that Bachmann where selling 66779 ??????

attachicon.gifIMG_2650.JPG

:jester:  :jester:

Now that would be good!