66779 then Bachmann ?

ronnie thommo

Had to dcc fit one in the shop with the same issue. I magnetised my screwdriver and it worked as it pulled the screw out.

Had the same problem with one end, the screws have been over-tightened and probably stretched the plastic.

Try gently pulling the body off at the same time as unscrewing the problem screw.

Edited by martin_l_jones

Had the same problem with one end, the screws have been over-tightened and probably stretched the plastic.

Try gently pulling the body off at the same time as unscrewing the problem screw.

The same problem, one screw would not budge and as above ,gently easing the body off , the screw came out with the body, then it seems to stay in ok, strange others have the problem with just the one screw

Thanks have tried to drill out the screw but damaged the bogie it's going back to Bachmann. They can sort it!

Thanks

Mark

So you have basically attacked it with a drill, damaging it in the process, and you expect Bachmann to repair it for you?

I would have agreed with you sending it back before the drilling but because you have hacked away at it I would say the buck stops with you and Bachmann would be well within their rights to charge you for the repair to the bogie, although the 'goodwill gesture' will probably come into play!!

So you have basically attacked it with a drill, damaging it in the process, and you expect Bachmann to repair it for you?

I would have agreed with you sending it back before the drilling but because you have hacked away at it I would say the buck stops with you and Bachmann would be well within their rights to charge you for the repair to the bogie, although the 'goodwill gesture' will probably come into play!!

Wow calm down dear, I meant Bachmann can remove the screw I have sent the model and have offered to pay for the replacement bogie frame in the covering letter. I am well aware of my own responsibilities.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

Just a couple of pics of the stunning 'evening star' next to my electrostar. If anyone didn't know it has cab lighting as well as directional lighting.attachicon.gifIMG_2337.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2335.JPG

It's a shame Bachmann can't sort out the electronics so the model runs with both marker lights on, as it looks strange only having one headlight and the cyclopse light.

regards

Darryl

Two observations...

What a ridiculous livery for a modern American-built loco - I get why it's been done, but imho it just looks comical.

The bell - ffs... why???

If this is the last Class 66, I guess that is actually something to celebrate.

Edit: OK... I suppose that was three observations...

I am guessing you wouldn't approve of this then Pete ?

https://community.infinite-flight.com/t/air-canada-airbus-a319-retro-livery/137109

A modern European built aeroplane painted in a very retro colour scheme 

I am guessing you wouldn't approve of this then Pete ?

https://community.infinite-flight.com/t/air-canada-airbus-a319-retro-livery/137109

A modern European built aeroplane painted in a very retro colour scheme 

Hmmm... no, not really, but... the problem I seem to have is with people/things pretending to be something they're not. There is, however, a big difference between that and something dressed up to commemorate/pay tribute  to something. It could be argued (quite successfully) that the Class 66 and the Airbus aren't pretending to be anything other than a Class 66 or an Airbus... In which case it's fine, I guess. It probably also means I've contradicted myself. Too much deep thought before lunch.

It's a shame Bachmann can't sort out the electronics so the model runs with both marker lights on, as it looks strange only having one headlight and the cyclopse light.

regards

Darryl

Agreed. At first I thought my loco had a faulty headlight which was why only one was on. Turns out all the Bachmann 66s are like that. Both rear lights (red) are on though.

• RMweb Premium

Agreed. At first I thought my loco had a faulty headlight which was why only one was on. Turns out all the Bachmann 66s are like that. Both rear lights (red) are on though.

The light arrangement has been like that since day one on the Bachmann 66.

Later issues have the switch underneath to isolate the reds when hauling a train, although the circuit boards can be modified to make them DCC independently controlled.

Cheers,

Mick

I have fitted my class 66 with a TTS sound chip but now seem to be unable to switch on the cab lights as they are function 1 which clashes with the engine startup sound. Any ideas on how to rectify this?

Sorry if it's a basic question. I am very new to DCC/DCC sound.

• RMweb Premium

I have fitted my class 66 with a TTS sound chip but now seem to be unable to switch on the cab lights as they are function 1 which clashes with the engine startup sound. Any ideas on how to rectify this?

Sorry if it's a basic question. I am very new to DCC/DCC sound.

Better to ask the question in the DCC section rather than here.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow calm down dear, I meant Bachmann can remove the screw I have sent the model and have offered to pay for the replacement bogie frame in the covering letter. I am well aware of my own responsibilities.

Thanks

Mark

Model back from Bachmann all sorted chipped and running- thanks Bachmann

Mark

• Like 1