The railways of Ben Ashworth country.

From talking with Dave on the South East Finecast stand at Railex last week I understand that he is very close to being able to re-introduce the kit for this loco.  The original masters are still OK but he has made new moulds for them and probably done a bit of fettling to improve them a bit.  Not sure if there will be an etched chassis as per the 16XX but in all probability there will be.

Hope this is of interest to all those who have had this loco on their wish lists!

The etched chassis kit for the 16XX that you refer to is the one by Branchlines, isn't it?

Yes.  Them and South East Finecast seem to be well involved with each other these days.

The 16xx kits are available from Branchlines and Southeastern Finecast.

Also if you already have a body a recently released etched chassis kit is available.

I was hoping to start mine as a thread on RMW but Millie my 1959 Land Rover is taking up most of my free time at the moment.

Gordon A

Not wishing to push this off topic but do you know if SE Finecast will be/are revising their bodyline kits to fit more modern chassis and also doing new subjects for us more novice and very tight budget modellers???

Archived