City Goods/Rural Goods plus other Micro layouts in wrapping paper boxes.

• RMweb Gold

Very nice, given me an idea for my next layout.

Jerry.

Thank you Jerry, be careful though building micro layouts becomes a bit addictive, I'm already formulating plans for several more.

Regards Paul.

• RMweb Gold

- seen the added planking to allow road vehicles to platform- good thinking :)

Thank you Russ, I did think of starting again until I came up with the idea to use planking.

Regards Paul.

• RMweb Gold

Hello Paul,

I really like the scenes you've created here, surely a lesson in 'how to' if ever I saw one, all very well done indeed.

Your photography is really good as well.

If by any chance you have a camera with manual focus you would be able to create some cracking shots using Combine ZP to stack them.

Cheers - Jim

Hello Jim,

Thank you for the compliment, believe it or not all the photos are taken using my iPhone 6. It does amaze me how good the photos are.

Regards Paul.

• RMweb Gold

...did think of starting again until I came up with the idea to use planking.

Dont think I would have gone that far ;) 

- it does look good though and looks pretty convincing rather than a afterthought.  Gives you a new perspective for getting road vehicles in photography too - all good! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

That's a very nice scene with the horses waiting for the wagons to load. I suppose it depends on the era being modelled but I don't remember seeing many goods layouts with horses and carts ready for the onward distribution of goods.

Thank you. None of the figures, horses and carts are fixed. So it's nice to be able to play about with the scene and see what shots I can come up with.

Regards Paul.

• RMweb Gold

Lovely photos of the horse and brilliantly modelled, I also like the sign, was it hand written by yourself?

Where did you get the figures and horse from? They look really good.

Jerry.

Thank you Jerry. The sign is etched brass from Langley models. The horses are from dart castings and Langley models. The figures are from monty's models and Andrew Stadden. I still have a box full of figures to paint. I must admit that I find painting these figures a real joy. So expect to see more photos soon.

Regards Paul.

Just fell upon this was trawling through RMweb. Certainly falls into the excellent category, who said "big is best" .....not in this case that's for sure ! One thing after reading all the posts, & it does form a significant part of the scene, what have you made the background warehousing from? Are they scratch built or bastardised from kits ?

• RMweb Gold

Just fell upon this was trawling through RMweb. Certainly falls into the excellent category, who said "big is best" .....not in this case that's for sure ! One thing after reading all the posts, & it does form a significant part of the scene, what have you made the background warehousing from? Are they scratch built or bastardised from kits ?

Thank you. The warehousing was made from will's plastikard. Had a look back to see if I'd taken any photos at the early stages of construction and found these.

post-25708-0-49591700-1481476430_thumb.jpgpost-25708-0-93768000-1481476523_thumb.jpg

Regards Paul.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks again to everyone who has left comments. High praise indeed. I'm in the planning stages of starting a new micro, like a lot of folks on here I have been seduced by the Dapol class 08 in 7mm. Went for the black early crest one, and I must say it's an excellent model. Probably won't start anything though until after Christmas.

Regards Paul.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...