C&L Finescale

Andy Y

GWR / BR(W) 46ft (2 Bolt Chairs) Panels would be nice!

The cost of this tool is very expensive, a generic (one fits all) solution is at the moment the only viable solution

No doubt in years to come once the cost of 3D printing reduces and a suitable material is available you can order exactly what you require,

Strange person! Why would anyone not want to use LMS 3-bolt chairs? ;)

Stranger than you think, my fave loco's are the Duchesses, Scots, 3F's and Super D's etc!

Knowing how expensive tools are to make, if 00 gauge modellers were as choosy with their track as they are with their locos and stock then a range of appropriate track would be available. But in general and this also applies with 0 gauge as well, the average buyer of track are unaware and or don't care about such subtle matters.

The important thing to most buyers is, 1/ does it work and 2/ is it easy to lay, however unlike their stock they fail to judge on how it looks.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The cost of this tool is very expensive, a generic (one fits all) solution is at the moment the only viable solution

No doubt in years to come once the cost of 3D printing reduces and a suitable material is available you can order exactly what you require,

The good thing is "2 Bolt Chairs" are available as individual items. 

Knowing how expensive tools are to make, if 00 gauge modellers were as choosy with their track as they are with their locos and stock then a range of appropriate track would be available. 

Although it makes you wonder, wonder witnessing how many debates on 00 track standards descend into slangfests with locked threads. Anybody any idea on how well Peco's new bullhead is selling?

P

GWR / BR(W) 46ft (2 Bolt Chairs) Panels would be nice!

You could always make your own. When I wanted LNWR 60ft panels with four bolt chairs I got a simple spacing jig laser cut from thin ply, stuck that to a thicker flat sheet and produced my own with ply sleepers with C&L chairs "glued" with butanone.  The original jig is now in the hands of a friend, still giving sterling service and at least one other has been produced from the laser artwork (see attached pdf).

LNWR track panel jig v2.pdf

Although it makes you wonder, wonder witnessing how many debates on 00 track standards descend into slangfests with locked threads. Anybody any idea on how well Peco's new bullhead is selling?

P

Sorry but I am going to use EM gauge track, I did have a quick look and was not too impressed, as I prefer the Exactoscale fast track bases which are a bit thicker and Peco has opted for a thinner base. I would guess for some Peco aficionados its selling quickly as the latest must have    

Edited by hayfield

You could always make your own. When I wanted LNWR 60ft panels with four bolt chairs I got a simple spacing jig laser cut from thin ply, stuck that to a thicker flat sheet and produced my own with ply sleepers with C&L chairs "glued" with butanone.  The original jig is now in the hands of a friend, still giving sterling service and at least one other has been produced from the laser artwork (see attached pdf).

attachicon.gifLNWR track panel jig v2.pdf

For both EM & P4 Exactoscale are selling off track panels (10 x 45' half panels for £2.50) and its up to you to decide which chair you wish to use, 60' ones £3 per pack (of 10 x half panels)

Just had a word with Phil and there was a problem with the website from last Thursday onward's, may have been hacked or in my opinion may well be the code within the program not allowing admin access. they are using a work round to access the information and a new contact system is being installed

The orders can be accessed but the phone numbers and addresses cannot be seen. For anyone who has placed an order after Wednesday please Phone Phil. New orders use the form available from Thurs 26/9/18 and then phone Phil the next day. The form will be sent to a separate email address    

For both EM & P4 Exactoscale are selling off track panels (10 x 45' half panels for £2.50) and its up to you to decide which chair you wish to use, 60' ones £3 per pack (of 10 x half panels)

This was only at Scaleforum I believe? They have that I understand, no plans to exhibit at other shows. don't think the Exactoscale sales bit of the website has gone live just yet.

Where are these on sale?

Thanks

They at the moment available from Scalefour sales, I understand from the press releases Exactoscale will have its mail order facility up and running by the end of October or shortly after. The EM gauge Society also are agents for Exactoscale, no idea if they do or will stock the bases. These are designed for P4 and have 2 locating pips on each sleeper. No idea if there is any movement between the pip on the sleeper and the holes in the chair, if not its a simple case of removing one of both pips

Edited by hayfield

They at the moment available from Scalefour sales, I understand from the press releases Exactoscale will have its mail order facility up and running by the end of October or shortly after. The EM gauge Society also are agents for Exactoscale, no idea if they do or will stock the bases. These are designed for P4 and have 2 locating pips on each sleeper. No idea if there is any movement between the pip on the sleeper and the holes in the chair, if not its a simple case of removing one of both pips

I don't see these listed on the stores page, is rgere an alternative means of ordering Hayfield?

Emma

As far as I'm aware, John doesn't appear on any product pages and it's not possible to order him.

Are we talking the C&L pages or the Exactoscale?

Maybe it might be worth a try giving the ModelU website a good perusal.

I don't see these listed on the stores page, is rgere an alternative means of ordering Hayfield?

Emma

Emma I bought them from the Exactoscale stand at Scaleforum, the Exactoscale stand whilst closely linked to the society was not being sold on the society stores stand

As far as I'm aware, John doesn't appear on any product pages and it's not possible to order him.

Too exclusive  :angel:

Are we talking the C&L pages or the Exactoscale?

Maybe it might be worth a try giving the ModelU website a good perusal.

May well be only via the new Exactoscale website once up and running, but also may be available vis either the Scalefour or EM gauge societies. C&L do not supply this range anymore 

Too exclusive  :angel:

May well be only via the new Exactoscale website once up and running, but also may be available vis either the Scalefour or EM gauge societies. C&L do not supply this range anymore 

I think it's fair to say, you missed my point.   :smile_mini2:

• 3 weeks later...

Just an observation and not a criticism or call to action, but I put an order through for over £200 on Sunday and have yet to even recieve an acknowledgement :(

I know the 'solution' to this is for me to call, email, chase, etc. but I feel like a beat is being missed by C&L here - it will certainly make me less likely to order again, even if everything is perfectly fine with the order otherwise.

Edited by Lacathedrale