carlisle yard fuel and inspection depot

18B

Evening

just reading Michael Rhodes' excellent marshalling yards book and in it are some diagrams of Carlisle marshalling yard and they show a "carlisle yard fuel and inspection depot" never seen any pics of this? are there any? Google doesn;t seem to throw any up????

I'm preuming the "shed" was similar to that at Tinsley in the yard?

Inicentally would anyone happen to have a pic of a plan or a web address for an online copy of a depot plan for Kingmoor?

Evening

just reading Michael Rhodes' excellent marshalling yards book and in it are some diagrams of Carlisle marshalling yard and they show a "carlisle yard fuel and inspection depot" never seen any pics of this? are there any? Google doesn;t seem to throw any up????

I'm preuming the "shed" was similar to that at Tinsley in the yard?

Inicentally would anyone happen to have a pic of a plan or a web address for an online copy of a depot plan for Kingmoor?

post-450-0-51806400-1467361778_thumb.jpeg

That's it right there

The building in the background in the picture is the control room for the Down yard hump which was nearer the big mound of earth to the south of BSW timber than the entrance to the wood yard , the yard masters office / Tops building was next to the North entrance to the woodyard & ballast recycling depot .

Bing maps shows the remains of the re-fuelling point before the old road bridge was demolished - http://www.bing.com/mapspreview?v=2&cp=t4mw71grjwt9&lvl=15&dir=0&sty=o&eo=0&form=LMLTCC .

Stewart

Evening,

Kingmoor's had a few open days so I wondered what services and capabilities has the depot got recently/today? and has anyone got a recent/current allocation list for Kingmoor?  

• RMweb Gold

Here is a recent image of it.

attachicon.gifkingmoor yard depot.jpg

i think that image (if its from the bing map link futher up) is from about 2005, as looking at the traction around kingmoor there are short EWS log wagons in the wood yard and kingmoor depot has 2 riviera 47s on there which they hired in around august 2005 as well as the short lived 08's which were delivered around the same time (possibly around june 2005), the reason i know is i worked for DRS at the time and drove the 47s a few times with an instructor while getting my handling hours in

as for the shed its certainly not there now but now i know where to look, next time i'm on the logs and get an opportunity to grab a pic or 2 of the remains i will try my best 

• 1 year later...