Bachmann Collectors club OO wagons

DougN

It is a bit depressing the way the wagons are going up in price. My problem is not so much the cost of a wagon but the retailer I found was about 15 quid to post to australia! Makes a wagon a serious investment for one wagon. I did manage 3 wagons post to me for about 40 quid recently which i am waiting on to turn up!

I think DougN original list is complete and accurate for the annual club wagons. I believe I have a complete set including the original blue Bachmann Wagon. As I have been a member since 2004 it was just a case of chasing down the earlier wagons. In general I paid around £15 for mint in box examples.

I have checked my collection against Ramsay's Catologue and I have not found any other wagons issued as the annual club model. As far as I am concerned the complete collection should currently be 20 wagons.

Incidentally the current Horlicks Wagon was originally released by Mainline. We have one at Belper Model Railway Group.

Nahh I did find a SJ Claye at about 15 quid which I thought a bit pricey.. There was a standard wagon at 60quid which is well outside my budget!

If I find the web site again I'll post it!

Blimey that was lucky. Did they only have one?

Apparently it took Bachmann themselves 3 years to track one down to complete their display cabinet collection!

• 4 weeks later...

OK as promised here is the photos of my collection to date 

post-3192-0-60150900-1472889035_thumb.jpg

post-3192-0-78201100-1472889061_thumb.jpg

post-3192-0-16602900-1472889222_thumb.jpg

post-3192-0-00941000-1472889247_thumb.jpg

post-3192-0-32485200-1472889269_thumb.jpg

I am waiting on the Dorman long to wing its way out from the UK to Australia.

I find it interesting that the wagons seem to have improved over the years as some of the earlier ones have very wobbly wheels when running. 

Also I have noticed that people seem to be leaving them in the box and then selling on in the years ahead and have not run them for any length of time... Anyhow I will enjoy them on the layout and running around!

• Like 1

I find that if I take photos or video on my phone, there's no indication as to which way is 'up'. The phone auto-compensates, and so does MS Windows. When I upload them to the web, though, they suddenly revert to whatever the 'correct' orientation was without the compensation.

The strange thing is I took them on my phone... As Jenny mentioned they are always the right way up. Then downloaded from good old Google still the right way up. Then attached... Upside down... Well for Hilux and SRman they are the right way up 8-)

When I turn the computer on again I will check them out. Bet they are the right way up again!

It seems that I have a Derbyshire C&W and an Edward Eastwood one unboxed and nearly started carving them up for a modification to be rebuilt NCB ones last week!

Mark Saunders

edit for discover of another one!

Mark the SJ Claye with coke rails is one that is hard to find... Which one did you turn up?

I have never seen the S J Claye one in the flesh. There is one other earlier one I don't have (Cambrian one in a yellow colour I think?) but I do have the Bachmann blue liveried one as well as the black Charles Roberts open which I think might be the first or second that they ever did. I have no real use or love for my collection. Apart from a couple that I rather like (the Charles Roberts all steel tippler one is quite nice, as is the Marcroft wagons which I have acquired two due to being a member in that year, and getting a second in a job lot of secondhand wagons at a show), they are just wagons gathering dust for me I'm afraid.

The strange thing is I took them on my phone... As Jenny mentioned they are always the right way up. Then downloaded from good old Google still the right way up. Then attached... Upside down... Well for Hilux and SRman they are the right way up 8-)

When I turn the computer on again I will check them out. Bet they are the right way up again!

As I suggested before, newer versions of Windows also auto-compensate displaying photos or videos. It makes it very difficult to properly correct them.

Jenny, your right the first 2 are the Cambrian in yellow and the Charles Roberts in black... Are 1998 and 1999 sjclaye is 2000. I rather like the first 2 which I have my eye on. I don't mind either way with the SJclaye. I am quite patient looking or should that be collecting things I like. To have all but 4 of the wagons now after only having about 5 at the start of the year is quite surprising.

It might sound strange but I do actually run all the wagons most weekends on the layout. When SRman drops over we usually end up running long trains of up to 26 wagons which is just about the limit of my layout!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

has anyone in NZ or Australia received this wagon yet ?

Looking back in this topic it seems they should have been here at the start of August.

thank

Roger

• RMweb Premium

I keep rotating my iPhone, and the bl**dy things keeps rotating the picture back to upside down. Modern technology my a**e!

On the iPad you can lock the screen so it doesn't spin instead of the button turning off the volume. But I presume you know that...

Or hold it upside down away from you and look over the top. Advice not from me BTW but my far more tech savvy youngster.

Edited by brushman47544

On the iPad you can lock the screen so it doesn't spin instead of the button turning off the volume. But I presume you know that...

Or hold it upside down away from you and look over the top. Advice not from me BTW but my far more tech savvy youngster.

I still buy vinyl LPs, and stopped downgrading my operating system on my computer with XP Professional. I stopped caring about technology when I had to knuckle down and work for a living out of University! 

iPhones remain a mystery to me. Remember when telephones were just for making phone calls? The man in the shop was full of "yeah, you can watch films, listen to music and post to the book of face on this" I replied that I already had a television set, a very expensive hi-fi and a large computer all at home which had all that covered thankyouverymuch and actually I just wanted to make phone calls and some joker has taken away all the call boxes. 

• Like 3

Jenny, I'm with you I wanted a phone to ring when some one was calling me and then with enough buttons to allow me to ring out... But as you have found it they are trying to take over the world. My Samsung Galaxy S5 is a great phone... it tells me the weather, allows me to ring in and out... it can even take photos on my Nikon SLR as hands free. If it all stopped working it would be no hassle to me! 

My question on phones is why did they go small and then get large again? I had nice little Siemens.. it even had normal buttons... and snake! then to a small HTC now to this Galaxy... small easy in pocket semi indestructible to look at it side ways and the screen will crack. My little HTC even fell out of my pocket up a ladder onto bluestone pitchers...no cracked screen, still worked fine... I wont be doing that with the current one! it is the size of a novel!

Any how I am still waiting on Aussie post to deliver my package with Dorman long... I guess it will be monday next week at the earliest.   

• Like 1