"Single" line working

pitbull1845

Is there much freight at EH Scott ?

In my era of interest there was the bitumen, propane tanks, fuel oil tanks, crude oil tanks and of course the MOD, and containers.

Most of that is gone now, even the holy Bourne tanks going soon I hear.

Is it still busy ?

I had 3/4 of an hour at Didcot and again at Eastleigh on Thursday Morning on my to Portsmouth to attend a funeral so had some time. Just one 66 parked up at Didcot, and a Colas 70 parked up at Eastleigh, then a Double headed Freightliner 66 out of Maritime and stopped for the Crew Change, a couple of DBS / DB Cargo and a Freightliner up the Yard.

It's all changed in the yard opposite the Station since I was last there some few years ago, but gave me some great ideas.

• Like 2

It's still reasonable; with a variety of freights plus the visitors in and out of the works. There's still a bit of shunting that goes on and movements around the virtual quarry. The Fawley trains stop at the end of the week but the mod still runs as and when.

I like it there and keeps me entertained.

• Like 3

It's still reasonable; with a variety of freights plus the visitors in and out of the works. There's still a bit of shunting that goes on and movements around the virtual quarry. The Fawley trains stop at the end of the week but the mod still runs as and when.

I like it there and keeps me entertained.

You say the Fawley Trains stop! do you mean all Oil / Fuel Trains out of Fawley?

Evening,

Tonight I decided to try and renumber my Bachmann EWS 08.

I've got some Fox transfers, however they seem too large (lengthways) to fit in the space. Bit of a pain as I was looking forward to getting it done. I've emailed Railtec to see if they can help.  If you're interested I'm renumbering it to 08904 of course, the EH shunter.. But in the mean time it will remain anonymous!

I've also done a bit more ballasting and day dreaming about the next baseboard stage.  Back to work tomorrow so I guess that's modelling time over for a few days..

• Like 4

Andy, wonder if you saw 66109 on the Marchwood train on Thursday?

Here is the return Marchwood MOD - Eastleigh coming off the Fawley branch at Totton last Thursday.

attachicon.gifDSCN4101.JPG

No Peter, NOTHING moved except the double headed Freightliner in about 3/4 of an hour, it may have been one of the ones up the Yard.

• 1 month later...

Evening.. Today I decided to call it quits with model railways.. For the time being anyway.. I haven't been out to the garage for some time now. I think if I'm honest that whilst I was having issues in my personal life; this was an escape. Now that the issues are over it kind of seems redundant. As a result the majority of my locos and the barrier coaches are on a well known auction site as of tonight.

The rolling stock will follow at some point.

Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest and offered suggestions and support towards the model railway and my life!

Rmweb is a great community and I'll still be apart of it; I'll just be more of an armchair modeller for now..

• Like 1

Evening.. Today I decided to call it quits with model railways.. For the time being anyway.. I haven't been out to the garage for some time now. I think if I'm honest that whilst I was having issues in my personal life; this was an escape. Now that the issues are over it kind of seems redundant. As a result the majority of my locos and the barrier coaches are on a well known auction site as of tonight.

Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest and offered suggestions and support towards the model railway and my life!

Rmweb is a great community and I'll still be apart of it; I'll just be more of an armchair modeller for now..

Hope things improve for you Scott,were here for you my mate...

• RMweb Gold

Hi Scott,

Different things suit us at different times of our lives. Sounds like you have a good circle of friends who will let you play trains if the urge returns.

Might be a bit late, but don't sell all your rolling stock if you have the room to store it, you never know what you might fancy doing in the future and you can bet it will be twice as expensive to buy again.

All the best,

James

Well I seem quite shocked by this announcement - it's no use Scott -  resistance is futile....! - you always seem to have some good stuff going on and your decision seems a bit rash to say the least.

I had (have?) no time whatsoever these last few months only enough to sadly dismantle the garage roundy layout partially due to a teenage son moving on to other things.Only project I have is a resurrected attempt from the bits box on the go which I kept coming back to and started a new thread today - glad I didn't bin it as it is something to do over the Winter - nothing on a grand scale but something nevertheless.

Worth considering.

Ian

• Like 1

Scott

Good luck and do stay with the community as many for various reasons do not actively model

I had a 10 year break from model railways, or rather from any modelling (golf got in the way), however getting back into modelling (was started by starting to clear the loft and starting to sell the items I had no use for. As it is I caught the bug again to model. Sometimes we just need a break and do something else

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Don't worry everyone, two weeks today Scott is spending the day with five members of the 'Tidworth on the road crew' on the ' Andover Fist' railtour. By the end of the day he'll be desperate to get modelling again!

• Like 3

Sorry to hear of that decision mate. Maybe just pack it all up in boxes for the time being, close the door or put it all in to storage.

Maybe one day you'll decide to dig it all out again.

See you in a fortnight on the tour bud.

All the best

Stu

• Like 2