Sleeper Depot Film

joppyuk1

One of my old school friends just posted a link to a short British Pathe film of the old Great Northern/LNER sleeper depot at Hall Hills near Boston. It is very interesting to see the machinery in operation, cutting up, soaking in creosote, fitting chairs, etc. Also of interest is the trackwork, a mixture of standard and narrow gauge. The link is :-

www.britishpathe.com/video/sleepers/query/boston+lincolnshire

One of my old school friends just posted a link to a short British Pathe film of the old Great Northern/LNER sleeper depot at Hall Hills near Boston. It is very interesting to see the machinery in operation, cutting up, soaking in creosote, fitting chairs, etc. Also of interest is the trackwork, a mixture of standard and narrow gauge. The link is :-

www.britishpathe.com/video/sleepers/query/boston+lincolnshire

Thanks for the link, I love the built in staircase up the side of the sleeper pile.

Martyn.

For those looking to model something interesting many of the depots like this can use some of the small locomotives such as the Sentinel or small diesel. I think there is a similar film in the BTF (British Transport Film) collection.

Archived