NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

Forgive me if I am wrong, but with crowd funding you pay a deposit to get the show on the road then pay the rest at agreed points ?

For example if the cost was £150, the first instalment would be £50 then £50 at the first EP and the final balance before the production button is pushed.

Ideally, I'd like a RfD TTG minus the bold Railfreight Distribution branding, a EPS and a SNCF all in TTG with the RfD one sporting just the Crewe depot plaque and double arrow.

So the first payment would be £150 with two more payments of £150 at the agreed points ?

Either way I really looking forward this project !

Anyone for a DB Bulgaria version ?

post-12154-0-39011100-1471100374_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Great Western
  • Like 1

Forgive me if I am wrong, but with crowd funding you pay a deposit to get the show on the road then pay the rest at agreed points ?

For example if the cost was £150, the first instalment would be £50 then £50 at the first EP and the final balance before the production button is pushed.

Ideally, I'd like a RfD TTG minus the bold Railfreight Distribution branding, a EPS and a SNCF all in TTG with the RfD one sporting just the Crewe depot plaque and double arrow.

So the first payment would be £150 with two more payments of £150 at the agreed points ?

Either way I really looking forward this project !

Anyone for a DB Bulgaria version ?

Hi,

I know it's slightly messy but it will actually be, as you say, 3 payments, but not the way you've allocated them.

1st payment is a small one (relatively) for the cad/cam

2nd payment will be for 1st ep tooling to commence

3rd and last payment will be for 2nd ep tooling to commence.

There will be a postage component added in there somewhere but it will probably be in the 2nd ep payment.

After that, sit back, wait for deco samples, running samples (on you tube), DCC samples (on you tube) and the ship name so you can follow your consignment across the world. Nothing more to pay, all done.

And like I've said, paying by credit card only will give you satisfaction in having your purchase insured.

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

I know it's slightly messy but it will actually be, as you say, 3 payments, but not the way you've allocated them.

There will be a postage component added in there somewhere but it will probably be in the 2nd ep payment.

After that, sit back, wait for deco samples, running samples (on you tube), DCC samples (on you tube) and the ship name so you can follow your consignment across the world. Nothing more to pay, all done.

And like I've said, paying by credit card only will give you satisfaction in having your purchase insured.

Cheers

Dave

A sensible way to make payments! It's less of a burder on the card/wallet!

Good luck with the project Dave!

These are an odd one for me, as living where I do I never really had any reason to like these until a few trips on the Caley Sleeper over the past year. If it does proceed then I certainly would be in the market for one or two in Caledonian Sleeper's Midnight Teal livery.

post-7515-0-57525200-1471116976_thumb.jpg

post-7515-0-41474800-1471116977_thumb.jpg

post-7515-0-48921300-1471116978_thumb.jpg

post-7515-0-22013400-1471116979_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How many scheme has the class carried since construction ?

As delivered schemes:

TTG with European Passenger Services cabside branding and polo mints and purple roof.

TTG with SNCF branding cabside branding.

TTG with polo mint, BR arrow and Crewe EMD plaque.

TTG with polo mint, BR arrow and Crewe EMD plaque and Railfreight Distribution lettering/symbols on the bodyside.

Post privitisation schemes:

TTG with polo mint, BR arrow and Crewe EMD plaque and EWS Beastie Labels.

TTG with polo mint and Europorta bodyside label.

GBRF full blue/orange scheme.

EWS Maroon and Gold with Polo mints.

DBS UK Red.

DBS Bulgeria Red with polo mint, BR double arrow and Crewe EMD plaque.

Eddie Stobart Adverting scheme.

Caledonian Sleeper teal.

Not a bad selection really !

• Like 1

What I like about these locos, and it's one of the 2 reasons for choosing them as a next project (liveries is the second one)

Is where they ran.

As we know, through the tunnel, so on the southern to a slightly set area.

Then there's London to Scotland and to Liverpool, but also the east coast mainline.

I have pictures of them on freight at Peterborough, and also special passenger excursions North through there as well.

Anyone got any further routes for them? Ipswich? Norwich?

When will the first go to Bristol when that's 'live'?

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Forgive me if it's a silly question - is the money invested at stages 1 and 2 protected and repayable should the worst happen and the model doesn't make it to stage 3 please?

I saw your note about the credit card insurance but wondered aside from individuals chasing Visa/MC/Amex etc if there was a crowdfunding safeguard that automatically pays out if the project gets cancelled further down the line? 

Many thanks!

James

Not sure what loco was used in the testing of the OHLE between Paddington to Heathrow Airport, but it has been mooted that one of GBs 92s may be used on the GWML to test that. Unless a 90 or early electric get's used as a precaution as to how power thirsty the 92s actually are!

(nb. I hope your model fares better on Power Consumption Dave, or i'll have to put some extra fuses in the house!)

Definitely made it to Ipswich:

11421635916_4c51c9e2e3_c.jpgEuroporte Class 92 by Wheelnrail, on Flickr

9185519827_821854f968_c.jpg92032 by Mickoo737, on Flickr

There's also an excuse to run them off-the-wires as they returned to Loughborough at various times for work to be done:

25281165064_02670d9f79_c.jpgBrush Traction by Tom Merrill, on Flickr

One thing to note with these repaints, is that the GB ones doesn't go as far as the roof - which still appears to the in the original EPS Blue.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99279135@N05/27186057274/in/photolist-HqkDFq-JaRjdb-J4XcYs-HMQjSq-J7RUk6-HE1c2o-HCpM3q-H5e9NX-HPBCxF-HRDX1b-GYYDrZ-HKXg5W-GYKMAb-HN6xHB-HtDSi1-GSWCr2-HDoNPu-HFL16H-HLx6U6-HHy1AY-HBRMEd-GEnXYu-FyUpNs-GeH9bb-EH96ru-EH8Y2E-Fu9W5E-FdeFhC-EGUgGh-Fwrg9B-EH81Kr-EH81ft-F2V53F-DWWfEB-HTm1XD-GQMd1E-GR1igH-Hbz5Kh-H4SpCX-H7hz5Y-GeSECg-H7MUoZ-G6g4fS-G6g3gC-GGBWV6-GyouLo-G4F146-ER7fxR-F4ZdhJ-EYtdk8

And 92038 Still showing it's Polo Mints.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37190-dalzell/16904070215/

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

How many scheme has the class carried since construction ?

As delivered schemes:

TTG with European Passenger Services cabside branding and polo mints and purple roof.

TTG with SNCF branding cabside branding.

TTG with polo mint, BR arrow and Crewe EMD plaque.

TTG with polo mint, BR arrow and Crewe EMD plaque and Railfreight Distribution lettering/symbols on the bodyside.

Post privitisation schemes:

TTG with polo mint, BR arrow and Crewe EMD plaque and EWS Beastie Labels.

TTG with polo mint and Europorta bodyside label.

GBRF full blue/orange scheme.

EWS Maroon and Gold with Polo mints.

DBS UK Red.

DBS Bulgeria Red with polo mint, BR double arrow and Crewe EMD plaque.

Eddie Stobart Adverting scheme.

Caledonian Sleeper teal.

Not a bad selection really !

Plus a few detail differences like:

- name plates v transfers

- the English/ Welsh/ Scottish flags under the Beastie on 92001

- any with the larger EWS beasties sticker?

Hi Dave,

Forgive me if it's a silly question - is the money invested at stages 1 and 2 protected and repayable should the worst happen and the model doesn't make it to stage 3 please?

I saw your note about the credit card insurance but wondered aside from individuals chasing Visa/MC/Amex etc if there was a crowdfunding safeguard that automatically pays out if the project gets cancelled further down the line? 

Many thanks!

James

Hi James,

Whether you are kick starting or crowdfunding, once the money is spent, it's spent!

The company or individual can, however, try to mitigate against subsequent customer loss, but I would imagine it would be difficult as the funds are used for paying various stages of development of said project.

What I'm doing is only taking credit card payments as that protects you, plus only asking for smaller 'chunks' of monies to fund these projects in 3 stages.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Dave

Definitely made it to Ipswich:

11421635916_4c51c9e2e3_c.jpgEuroporte Class 92 by Wheelnrail, on Flickr

9185519827_821854f968_c.jpg92032 by Mickoo737, on Flickr

There's also an excuse to run them off-the-wires as they returned to Loughborough at various times for work to be done:

25281165064_02670d9f79_c.jpgBrush Traction by Tom Merrill, on Flickr

Hi mate,

Great pictures, thank you

The GBRF one is very interesting and bears out your thought process re the roof. However I wonder if it is indeed the original blue?

It's a shiny blue that's for sure, and it 'might' be that it's reflecting the sky,albeit a grey one' and lightening the tones of the darker blue accordingly?

I say this because the official paint diagram (which I put earlier in this thread) shows the roof the same colour as the sides.

Also the pic of the one at Railfest York shows the roof the same as the side colour.

So...... I think I'm going to have to chase this one down and get some roof shots just to double check. If it's different it gives a potential new livery version.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dave I honk the answer may be in Surfsup's Flickr links which show the difference between the inner roof (only visible from above) v the roof sides which are visible from platform height. Very interesting photo, especially for weathering! Cheers

I'm not rightly sure if I'm in the market or not for this one. I rechassised an older Hornby model with one of their class 60 chassis and mechanisms. While not super-detailed, it runs superbly. The metal pantographs are horrible, though. Mine also has Howes' sound fitted.

In the meantime, I do wish Dave well with this project. I may change my mind later as it is tempting.

I'll leave you with yet another video clip; this is footage I took at Bromley South station in 1999, and there are two 92s running light engine in multiple running on third rail at the 0.57 second mark.

• Like 2

Not sure what loco was used in the testing of the OHLE between Paddington to Heathrow Airport, but it has been mooted that one of GBs 92s may be used on the GWML to test that. Unless a 90 or early electric get's used as a precaution as to how power thirsty the 92s actually are!

(nb. I hope your model fares better on Power Consumption Dave, or i'll have to put some extra fuses in the house!)

Class 90s were used to test the OLE to Heathrow

Did they ever make it to Eastleigh on the juice ?

Off the top of my head the only DC routes they are cleared on are the WLL -> Shortlands (via Herne Hill or Catford) -> Ashford (via Maidstone East or Tonbridge) -> Dollands Moor

What I like about these locos, and it's one of the 2 reasons for choosing them as a next project (liveries is the second one)

Is where they ran.

As we know, through the tunnel, so on the southern to a slightly set area.

Then there's London to Scotland and to Liverpool, but also the east coast mainline.

I have pictures of them on freight at Peterborough, and also special passenger excursions North through there as well.

Anyone got any further routes for them? Ipswich? Norwich?

When will the first go to Bristol when that's 'live'?

Cheers

Dave

They've made it up the ECML to Scotland, they worked a car train to/from Bathgate for a while. It was a long time before they appeared north of Doncaster as they draw a lot of power and there were concerns they could overload the substations providing power to the OHL until around 2005/06. Appearances have been sporadic under GBRf, but not unheard of:

92044 on a GBRf staff charter at Darlington (92010 was on the rear): https://www.flickr.com/photos/railwayscene/9258747584/in/album-72157632544834695/

92033 north of Darlington en route to Scotland to start sleeper duties: https://www.flickr.com/photos/railwayscene/16286896654/in/album-72157632544834695/