Minerva To Announce New 0 Gauge Model at Guildex 2016

81A Oldoak

"I imagine that a 14xx would be next on the Agenda for a manufacturer somewhere."

Yes, I am sure that is because ... like the Hudswell Clarke, the Fowler diesel and the 57xx, I already have one that I built from a kit/scratch!  David

Also does Mr Klein have one? Every Minerva loco produced or announced so far is already in his collection. ;)

"I imagine that a 14xx would be next on the Agenda for a manufacturer somewhere."

Yes, I am sure that is because ... like the Hudswell Clarke, the Fowler diesel and the 57xx, I already have one that I built from a kit/scratch!  David

It's called 'Sod's law' and happens to me too!

Cheers,

Ray.

Guest Isambarduk

Also does Mr Klein have one? Every Minerva loco produced or announced so far is already in his collection. ;)

Yes, true.  However, I don't believe that he already had a Fowler 0-4-0DM, which is how I came to be indirectly minimally involved with the Ixion model by helping out with some photographs and a GA that I acquired when I built my Fowler 0-4-0DM, LMS No. 2  (see: www.davidlosmith.co.uk/LMS_Fowler.htm).

Fowler-Diesel_Mechanical.jpg

David

CK's current stock list:

GWR 57XX, 8750, 42XX, 45XX, 56XX, 64XX

TVR A 0-6-2T

RR R 0-6-2T

Cambrian Railways Class 89 (GWR Class 15) 0-6-0 Goods

SHT Hawthorne Leslie 0-4-0ST

Sharp Stewart 2-4-0/2-4-2 Tank Engine (Barry/Neath & Brecon/Metropolitan Railways)

Sharp Stewart (Cambrian/Furness Railways) Small Bogie Passenger Engine

LMS/BR Ivatt 2MT

Diesels: 03, 35, 40, 42, 52, 108, 122, AC Cars Railbus. On order 08.

Industrials: Ixion Hudswell Clarke, Manning Wardle H, Peckett E Class, KS Victory, Robert Stephenson & Hawthorns/Yorkshire Engine 0-6-0ST, Fowler DM 0-4-0

Disposals:

GWR 2021 0-6-0PT

85A Hunslet 0-6-0ST

Peckett W6 0-4-0ST

BR Class 14 0-6-0 DH

Take your pick. ;-)

How about a nice B.R. standard 8T/12T Cattle Wagon (like Airfix used to make in 00) which were seen all over the country throughout the 50's and 60's?  AFAIK there has never even been a kit for one in any material so I'm sure it would sell well.  I know Skytrex made an RTR one for a short time but it had an incorrect wheelbase, 10' not 12'.

Cheers,

Rayattachicon.gifBR 8 ton cattle wagon lot 2325.jpg

This is a good idea, I would certainly have one or more, but please NOT with a 12ft wheelbase (wasn't that what Bachmann did?) they have a near unique 11ft wheelbase.

Paul

Archived