What makes a good Club website ?

Mike Bellamy

Hi Peter,

I don't think it matters too much whether you place images to the left or the right.  I'd probably prefer the left, but I take your point that placing them on the right means that the two hyper links (layout name and thumbnail image) 'frame' the description of the layout.  I think the only point that I would make in relation to having images on the right is that they are right aligned (ie one above the other aligned from the edge of the page) rather than spaced from the text.  That may be slightly more difficult to execute, because I think you need to use frames in the HTML code, but it should certainly be possible.  Ideally all of the thumbnail images are the same size or at least the same width, so that both edges of the thumbnails are aligned.

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully this contribution will give you something that others haven't yet.

What do your existing members want from the website?

I am thinking about the following but the obvious way to go is to ask your members. You can consider whether this stuff should be public or private:

A chat/forum area to discuss layout ideas etc specific to the club

Prototype information repository for club projects

Useful links area that members can contribute to

Lists of jobs needing doing and space to "sign up" to do them

Opinion surveys and votes for the whole membership on important decisions

A document resource containing stuff like track plans. This helps with version control as well as enabling access to documents too large to email.

Still playing with the images on the general layouts page. Should not be a problem with right justification as can use tables to split the text from the image and then justify the image to the right.  Problem is getting suitable pictures, would you beleive?

Peter

Archived