MRJ 249

sharris

I went to the newsagent today and asked "MRJ 249 - isn't it about time...?"

"No," he said "it's about model trains, this is about time..." and proceeded to sell me a copy of the Horological Journal instead.

Seriously, is it anywhere near due yet? My Smiths is so useless I have no idea these days.

• RMweb Gold

When I went into one of my local branches of Smiths this morning, I had no idea that the next MRJ was due out, otherwise I would have made an enquiry, and reminded the staff there of the importance of getting an early update on availability on the internet as soon as possible. Unfortunately the nearest I got to looking at something to do with 'trains' was a quick look at the latest edition of 'Bylines' (I didn't buy it, by the way, although I was tempted to, but too many magazines currently waiting disposal and cluttering up the place - but please note that the term 'clutter' doesn't apply to MRJ, though, oh no, definitely not Guv'nor, that's the truth an' no mistake).

• RMweb Gold

Best read whilst in one's favourite arm chair with a glass of port, wearing a smoking jacket and clean pants.

Rob.

Best read whilst in one's favourite arm chair with a glass of port, wearing a smoking jacket and clean pants.

Rob.

Clean Pants???

Thats either TMI, a matter for concern or both......

As for the smoking jacket, you really shouldn't stuff your pipe into your pocket when the missus enters the room!

Where 249 is concerned, it wasn't in my newsagents yesterday and I'll have a look in the local WHS on Tuesday, provided there aren't any stern warnings in this august forum about holding ones horses.

Think thats enough mixed metaphores for now - back to the Scalextrix event in Belgium to see if any more cars have come off the track......

• RMweb Gold

M RJ 249 arrived at Cygnet Towers on Friday 26th so should be with everybody in the next couple of days. Contents include;

Build a Finescale layout in a weekend

9F in 7mm

Urban Grot P87

Ballyconnell Road, 3mm, Irish 5'3"

Coach building in 2FS pt1

Churston people

Gulpworthy Viaduct pt 2

Aerial photography for layout planning

Jerry

Archived