Thomas RHENEAS Bachmann USA

Stevelewis

• RMweb Gold

Yes it's been in the catalogue a few months now and mentioned in the Skarloey thread. No pics of the model yet just the tv model.

Looking forward to it though as I drove Dolgoch a couple of years ago for a day :)

• 4 weeks later...

Should be available via the usual UK source when available. The Skarloey 042 is excellent, so it should be OK as well. But at least a year+ away.

Stephen

Let's just say when I took mine to the club I had half the club following it round the large test track and none of them were even into narrow gauge it's weird to see 15 over 60s literally following the loco around a test track

Edited by BR-Green

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A friend over the water has sourced a second Skarloey in the meantime, in the post at the moment, but I really would like the alternative to Skarloey as well, as the running qualities are so good, better than most N gauge, due to the weight for a start.

I did not want to tear apart Skarloey whilst there was only the one to detail etc., but with two it is easier!

Stephen

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's been a couple of pictures of the Rheneas popping up from a toy fair in American that's been on the past few days - no close ups sadly, just these two. Apparently shipping out at the end of March - Bachmann have also now announced a Rusty for the range as well.

C4_ZWUTWIAACBTU.jpg

C5KilR0UcAEI3Bg.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One on order here as well, hope it runs as well as the 042 Skarloey which is excellent on a feedback controller. Must order a couple of the Peco mainline 009 points to complete the Towyn like terminus station under construction as a small shelf layout.
The Peco stock from the L&B can now be used until some order returns to the supply of the Heljan locos they never supplied here, despite the years of waiting. The ones they are doing next year are apparently not in the first batch liveries, as though in in some way Heljan believe they for-filled the orders!

Stephen.