The good news is that the first batch of our forthcoming Class B tanks is due to leave the factory in the next few days, unfortunately this batch will only be the attractive Mobil Charringtons Class B tanks and the bad news is that the remaining liveries narrowly missed completion before the factory scales down for Chinese New Year (16 February). The main batch will follow in March – April (we’re waiting for final confirmation from the factory).
We have decided to airfreight in the first batch of Class B tanks and subject to them arriving and clearing customs in time then they will be available for collection from Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow on 23-25 February.
The split delivery gives us a few challenges in terms of delivery:
- if you wish to collect from Glasgow then no action is necessary (you don’t need to tell us and we will refund any P&P charges after you have collected them)
- if you placed an order only for the Mobil Charringtons livery then no action is necessary – we will send them out once we are back from Model Rail Scotland
- if you placed an order for a mixture of Class B liveries then you can:
- either wait for the main batch to be delivered and we will send them all out together – no action necessary
- or if you prefer to get them as they arrive we can send them out after Model Rail Scotland but we will have to charge you a small additional P&P fee (as we will have to send two parcels – first and main batches) – if you would like us to do this then please get in contact with us after we have confirmed on our website that they have arrived
For that reason we need to start invoicing people for balances. If you paid in full no action is required, but if you paid a deposit then we will generate invoices for the balance payments which are due now – please check your account if you do not receive an email. The balance payments will generate an invoice for each line of your deposit invoice and unfortunately not a combined invoice – this is a pain for you and us but outside our control.