RevolutioN announce Class B tanks for N gauge

Andy Y

Hallo,

if you enter United Molasses Menstrie into Google or Menstrie into Flickr you will find quite a few photos, Blue 27, Railfreight grey 26s, LL 37 split headcode. There is a photo in the results with 4 tanks (Class 26 hauled), so you'll be all set.

Hope this helps

es grüßt

pc

Thanks very much, chaps. It looks like in the 80s they were mainly 'plain rust' in appearance with TOPS numbering and 'caib' or similar branding, however I do have a BR Blue 27 and Railfreight Red Stripe 26, both of which should look the part hauling these.

• RMweb Premium

Double check the wagons in the photos.

Searching for "United Molasses Menstrie" on Google returns plenty of images but most appear to be the later air-brake wagon as per the NGS kit. All the photos on railscot.co.uk show the later wagon with the three bands on the tank, metal strips between the solebar and tank, and most telling they're air-braked only.

The brake type can be seen from the pipe. Vacuum braked wagons usually have the brake pipe to the left of the coupling hook, air brake pipes are to the right (looking at the end of the wagon).

I'd be interested to know when the Class B type were replaced with the TTA.

Steven B.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi dmeaden,

I am sorry you missed the deadline; we tried publicise it as widely as possible with posts here, on our website, on facebook and twitter, and we also sent a newsletter out reminding people. The newsletter goes to everyone who had registered, even if they had not yet ordered.

Several retailers have ordered models to stock, so you should be able to obtain some. The retailers are: C&M Models, Colletts, Kernow, Trains4U, Osborne's, Plus Daughters, East Somerset models and Rails of Sheffield.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi  Ben good to speak to you at Warley on Sunday.

Following our conversation please see links to a couple of pictures of former Texaco Class B tanks in use in the Eastern Region Weedkiller set of the early - mid eighties. The set consisted of two BG's as stores vans in Engineers Olive, a converted BG as a spray coach in Engineers Yellow, and a converted Mk1 SK as an accommodation coach in Olive with Yellow doors plus 5 - 6 former Texaco class B tanks and sometimes a Brake van / Shark ballast plough.

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/weedkillerbr

https://tonybuckton.smugmug.com/Trains/Class-31s/i-cnf3BQs/A

There are more photo's on a Weedkiller topic;

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/3148-weed-killing-trains-in-the-1980s-what-worked-where/

Thanks,

Tony.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just a quick update before 2018 is upon us; we have received photographs from the factory showing production of the Class B tankers well underway.

This shot shows rows of black painted tanker barrels - these will be for Esso, unbranded, Regent and Texaco versions.

post-420-0-48875200-1514641228_thumb.jpg

More information and images can be found on our website here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/

We are still expecting these wagons to be finished before Chinese New Year.

Cheers, and Happy New Year to all,

Ben A.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi folks

The good news is that the first batch of our forthcoming Class B tanks is due to leave the factory in the next few days, unfortunately this batch will only be the attractive Mobil Charringtons Class B tanks and the bad news is that the remaining liveries narrowly missed completion before the factory scales down for Chinese New Year (16 February).  The main batch will follow in March – April (we’re waiting for final confirmation from the factory).

IMG_6260.jpg

We have decided to airfreight in the first batch of Class B tanks and subject to them arriving and clearing customs in time then they will be available for collection from Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow on 23-25 February.

The split delivery gives us a few challenges in terms of delivery:

• if you wish to collect from Glasgow then no action is necessary (you don’t need to tell us and we will refund any P&P charges after you have collected them)
  • if you placed an order only for the Mobil Charringtons livery then no action is necessary – we will send them out once we are back from Model Rail Scotland
  • if you placed an order for a mixture of Class B liveries then you can:

- either wait for the main batch to be delivered and we will send them all out together – no action necessary

- or if you prefer to get them as they arrive we can send them out after Model Rail Scotland but we will have to charge you a small additional P&P fee (as we will have to send two parcels – first and main batches) – if you would like us to do this then please get in contact with us after we have confirmed on our website that they have arrived

For that reason we need to start invoicing people for balances. If you paid in full no action is required, but if you paid a deposit then we will generate invoices for the balance payments which are due now – please check your account if you do not receive an email. The balance payments will generate an invoice for each line of your deposit invoice and unfortunately not a combined invoice – this is a pain for you and us but outside our control.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 3

Hi folks The good news is that the first batch of our forthcoming Class B tanks is due to leave the factory in the next few days, unfortunately this batch will only be the attractive Mobil Charringtons Class B tanks and the bad news is that the remaining liveries narrowly missed completion before the factory scales down for Chinese New Year (16 February).  The main batch will follow in March – April (we’re waiting for final confirmation from the factory). IMG_6260.jpg We have decided to airfreight in the first batch of Class B tanks and subject to them arriving and clearing customs in time then they will be available for collection from Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow on 23-25 February.The split delivery gives us a few challenges in terms of delivery:

• if you wish to collect from Glasgow then no action is necessary (you don’t need to tell us and we will refund any P&P charges after you have collected them)
  • if you placed an order only for the Mobil Charringtons livery then no action is necessary – we will send them out once we are back from Model Rail Scotland
  • if you placed an order for a mixture of Class B liveries then you can:    - either wait for the main batch to be delivered and we will send them all out together – no action necessary    - or if you prefer to get them as they arrive we can send them out after Model Rail Scotland but we will have to charge you a small additional P&P fee (as we will have to send two parcels – first and main batches) – if you would like us to do this then please get in contact with us after we have confirmed on our website that they have arrived
For that reason we need to start invoicing people for balances. If you paid in full no action is required, but if you paid a deposit then we will generate invoices for the balance payments which are due now – please check your account if you do not receive an email. The balance payments will generate an invoice for each line of your deposit invoice and unfortunately not a combined invoice – this is a pain for you and us but outside our control.Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike

That's great news for N gauge modellers and a start of clearing your back log hopefully the rest of your stuff will start comming in after the Chinese New Year

Thanks

Alan

• RMweb Gold

Hi Alan,

The Pendolinos took longer than we expected due to well documented work getting the couplers right, but everything else is pretty much going as planned.

The only model that I would say is significantly delayed is the 321 which was offered in September 2016, but that is down to insufficient orders being received.

Of the other models, the Class Bs were started a year ago and are nearly here, the Cargowaggons were started in July and are at painted sample stage, the 92 CADs were started about 15 months ago and we are now at final testing and the KFAs should be going into production as soon as we get a factory slot.

Compared to any other manufacturer this represents pretty good progress I'd say.

We have held off new announcements for a while because we just wanted to focus on delivering models before offering too much more.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 5

Hi Alan,

The Pendolinos took longer than we expected due to well documented work getting the couplers right, but everything else is pretty much going as planned.

The only model that I would say is significantly delayed is the 321 which was offered in September 2016, but that is down to insufficient orders being received.

Of the other models, the Class Bs were started a year ago and are nearly here, the Cargowaggons were started in July and are at painted sample stage, the 92 CADs were started about 15 months ago and we are now at final testing and the KFAs should be going into production as soon as we get a factory slot.

Compared to any other manufacturer this represents pretty good progress I'd say.

We have held off new announcements for a while because we just wanted to focus on delivering models before offering too much more.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

Thanks for your reply I can't believe thing have been progressing that fast most models within 18 months it seems to be longer when your waiting lol but even at that it's been good going to have been involved with the n gauge TEA tankers and the 00 gauge tankers and hopefully when the B tankers are delivered I'm hopefull that you soon after you'll have something else that I'm interested in buying

Thanks

Alan

• RMweb Gold

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the kind words.

I think Mike and I sometimes feel like pinching ourselves - we are very grateful to all those who've decided to support what we are doing and make all this happen.

Now we know at least the first batch of Class Bs are en route we will be proposing another transition era model at Model Rail Scotland. If that is your era of interest I hope it is something you'll want for your model railway!

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 5

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the kind words.

I think Mike and I sometimes feel like pinching ourselves - we are very grateful to all those who've decided to support what we are doing and make all this happen.

Now we know at least the first batch of Class Bs are en route we will be proposing another transition era model at Model Rail Scotland. If that is your era of interest I hope it is something you'll want for your model railway!

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

I'll stop buy your stand sometime on Friday now that I am free to go I'll look forward to seeing what you have on offer can I take it as read it will be N gauge until the 00 gauge TEA tanks have been delivered

Thanks

Alan.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The first consignment of Class B tankers has arrived, just escaping the factory before Chinese New Year.

post-420-0-50131900-1519237126_thumb.jpg

They are all the Mobil Charrington red variant (my theory is that because red is a lucky colour in China, they did these first!) and anyone who ordered these and is attending Model Rail Scotland at the SECC in Glasgow this weekend is welcome to come by and pick theirs up. No need to bring paperwork as we will have that information, and after the show we will refund P&P to anyone who collects.

We expect the remaining wagons that didn't quite beat the CNY deadline (Esso, Regent, Unbranded, Texaco and United Molasses) to be here in the next few weeks.

Cheers

Ben A.

post-420-0-50131900-1519237126_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Hi Ben

Fantastic looking models- well done. Sadly my orders are all in batch 2 so patience is the order of the day but I've just been into my account to see how I pay my balance on them and can't work out how. Am I missing something or just getting ahead of myself?

Looking forward to your next announcement with interest

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Hello,

my order is also on the second batch, I've ordered one of each (unbranded, Esso and Regent) version. And I too, can't work out how to pay my balance.

And I can't wait to get the models for my layout.

Markus

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately there is an error in the deposit/balance software that we use and the amounts being generated were incorrect.  The software developers are looking into it, but it is out of our hands and if I'm honest they seem a bit stuck.  So no balance invoices have been sent out yet.

For people wishing to collect them at MR Scotland you will be able to pay your balance at the show.  We will then have to take a decision after the weekend about how to invoice balances.  Of course if you have paid in full then we can send them straight out.

Cheers, Mike

Hi Ben

Great to see these excellent looking wagons arriving so soon after they were first announced. At the time there was the possibility of the Class A tankers being produced if the B was successful - is this still the case?

Congratulations again on a well managed and delivered project/product.

Thanks & Regards

Tony 

• RMweb Gold

Hello Tony,

The Class As have always been in our minds but having produced the TEAs in N (and in production in 00) and the Class Bs we are a little bit all tankered out - and suspect some of our customers may be too.

We have just offered a Sturgeon as our next model aimed at transition era enthusiasts (there is a thread on RM Web about this) and if it's also a success and it's clear the transition era modellers are "getting it" the way the modern fans have been for a while then the Class As will come.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Collected my 6 Charringtons Class B tanks at Glasgow and they are superb. Beautifully weighted and great runners. The finesse of the fine details is brilliant and the printing is exquisite. Well Done Mike and Ben. Can't wait for the Esso and Mollasses versions.

Cheers,

Ged