Modelu Figures & Component News

alanbuttler

How about wooden Scotch blocks, wheel skates, and some of the post office "Yorkie trollies or 1/2 Yorkies" (as in the steel sided ones with yellow plastic bases), possibly some plastic parts bins, either the smaller wall mounted or bigger stackable type.  

Thought I'd share this....

Bought a couple of figures and lamps in N gauge just to see what they were like and how they come up once painted

Both the figures and the lamps look very very good before painting and I think the figures in particular still look defined after painting. I had a bit more trouble with the lamps, but I was using thicker paint so need to experiment maybe with thinned paint perhaps.

Overall these are excellent products for anyone looking to brighten up their out the box N gauge models, and are quite happy to test their painting skills :-)

post-81-0-43904000-1477481821_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...

November 2016 Products at sample stage (these will be on my stand at the South Hants show on Saturday)

• LSWR Finials in 4mm
  • GWR Concrete Pot Sleepers in 4mm
  • GWR Slide Chairs in 4mm
  • L&Y Finials (3 types & shunt) in 4mm
  • Loco Oil Cans (3 sizes) in 4mm
  • other scales pending for above

Products in development queue

• All existing 4mm loco lamps in 2mm, 3mm and 7mm scales (December)
  • Spare Brake Blocks for shed scenes (December)
  • Battered Oil Drums (December)
  • Steam heating pipes (December)
  • LMS Tail Lamps (December)
  • LNWR Loco Lamps (December)
  • LNWR Point Rodding (December)
  • L&Y Point Rodding (December)

I have many items ready to go, what takes time is getting them on the website, into the ordering system and packaged.  If anyone sees anything listed that they are interested in, drop me an email alan.buttler@modelu3d.co.uk and I can sort orders out over email, without having to wait for me to get them on the website.

post-17930-0-21912800-1479423614.jpg post-17930-0-38176400-1479423619.jpg

Cheers!

Alan

Edited by alanbuttler
  • Like 9

Alan, I especially like the LSWR Finials, will definitely be getting some of them!

All the very best

Godfrey

Thanks for bringing the finial into Pendon Godfrey! Good to see you in Portsmouth, and apologies for calling you Glyn repeatedly! I know a few Glyn's round these parts and am easily confused  :D

• Like 1

Looks like my point rodding will be on hold for a little while until yours appears. Have you any plans for LMS/BR style?

Or GER / GNR for that matter.

Looking good Alan - just to prove that we're never happy, are there plans to do Midland point rodding stools? or finials for that matter...

Cheers,

Pete

Morning gents, thanks for the feedback and ideas.  I'm collating drawings currently for finials and point rodding and so far have drawings for the following, which I will be working on over Christmas:

- LNWR rodding stools

- NER rodding stools (round and channel)

- L&Y rodding stools

- GER rodding stools

BR/LMS stools I have already but they are not on the website as yet:

post-17930-0-41737200-1479645467.jpg

I've completed artwork for L&Y finials and will look to produce artwork for others in the coming months.  Top priority now though is all the loco/tail lamps in 7mm followed by platform lamps for GWR, LSWR and GER

• Like 5

Will the lamps be available in 4mm as well? I was about to scratchbuild some LNWR ones, but yours would be better

Alan has sent me some test LNWR lamps to try. We have been discussing how best to model the peg that fits into the lamp socket.

I'll post some photos soon when I have painted them.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

November 2016 Products at sample stage (these will be on my stand at the South Hants show on Saturday)

• LSWR Finials in 4mm
  • GWR Concrete Pot Sleepers in 4mm
  • GWR Slide Chairs in 4mm

attachicon.gifGWR Concrete Pot Sleepers and Slide Chair.jpg attachicon.gifLSWR.JPG

Cheers!

Alan

Really like the look of those concrete pot sleepers, I had been thinking that I might lay one of the sidings on Brent in that style (not based on any prototypical reason, more for the challenge of doing something different) Even more tempted now. 

• Like 1

I've painted and fitted the LNWR loco lamps Alan sent for me to try.

One lamp was printed with the LNWR "peg" which I fitted on the handrail/ejector pipe which is how lamps were sometimes stored when not in use. LNWR lamps had clear lenses back and front and could be used with a red filter. Alan provides both clear and red lenses so I assembled this one with red and clear and wedged onto the ejector pipe on a Watford Tank.

post-1191-0-73807300-1479836393_thumb.jpg

The others are printed with a small hole tom take a piece of .45mm brass wire for mounting in the LNWR cast lamp socket. I assembled these with clear lenses and mounted two onto the outer bufferbeam sockets on a LNWR 2-4-0 Whitworth (Express code) and one each on Precursor and Watford Tanks in the socket above the smokebox door (Stopping Passenger Train).

post-1191-0-30293600-1479836473_thumb.jpg

post-1191-0-12403600-1479836495.jpg

These are excellent items, although need care in handling  - rather small -  and look really good. I painted them with acrylic black paint and used varnish to glue the lenses in to start with. Alan recommends superglue so I then used that on the later two or three.

• Like 7

Hi Jol, thanks for posting these super photos, they have come out really well! I better get them on the website.  Rough plan is to do either:

a) provide them in packets of 5 with 10 white lenses for £6, and have 5x red lenses sold separately for £1.00

b) provide them in packets of 5 with 8 white lenses and 4 red lenses for £6.50

Also I'm thinking some semblance of the builders plate should be present on the 'chimney' part, I'll look to modify the design so a lick of brass paint can highlight it.

• Like 1

And what about (Silver) Foxes?

Hi Jeff, 

I've not forgotten and I'm hoping to get to the NRM in Jan/Feb once I've caught up with exhibition scans.  I've started to put feelers out as to whether it will be possible to scan the one up there,

Cheers

Alan

• RMweb Premium

The 4mm tail and side lamps are superb, I'm well pleased with them.

post-7401-0-24362400-1480075008.jpgpost-7401-0-67657100-1480075038.jpg

post-7401-0-74150700-1480075063.jpgpost-7401-0-55287700-1480075083.jpg

I de-greased them with meths first, then a coat of Humbrol No.1 primer followed by a coat of Humbrol No. 130 satin white enamel and then super glued in the lenses.  A big plus is that they are much lighter than white metal lamps and will stay stuck in place with tacky wax where the lamp irons are moulded, the white metal lamps tended to droop and fall off under their own weight.

Thanks for these Alan.  I'll definitely be getting some 7mm ones when they're available.

Chris

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Tony who brought some of his BR clothing to the recent Pendon Figure Painting Course, I will shortly have 4 new guard and PW figures. These include two BR corporate image era guards, a PW guard in hi-vis with bardic lamp and a steam era PW lookout, inspired by the classic Airfix figure. These will be available via the website later into December.

post-17930-0-92319300-1480853273_thumb.jpg

post-17930-0-92722500-1480853280_thumb.jpg

post-17930-0-15984000-1480853294_thumb.jpg

post-17930-0-83833400-1480853302_thumb.jpg

• Like 10