Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

• RMweb Premium

+

A recent release by Dapol used the word "Ferroequinology"

Google defines it as:-

ferroequinologist ‎(plural ferroequinologists) (humorous, nonstandard) A student of ferroequinology; a person who studies trains.

Noel

Ferro = Iron, and Equine = horse

Rob

I've actually had this on my CV under other interests, for many years. Was picked up on it during an interview, then it was positively commented on due to the range of activities covered by it. (Geographical knowledge, study of engineering, management of resources etc etc, not forgetting the skills need in many forms for modelling).

Not that I really have need for a CV now at 67, and just waiting for the right time to retire!

Stewart

I know no Latin, and I suspect that 'logos' is actually Greek, but remember reading somewhere that the word actually translates to " the study of horse irons", rather than "iron horses".

It's been around since at least the 1960s, and there was an earlier term, used before WW1, "railwayac".

Kevin

Archived