Hopefully some positive news about Saltash Station

Kris

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like the the council is one step closer to getting the station back from current owner. I hope that it succeeds as the station is such a mess.

http://www.cornishguardian.co.uk/decrepit-saltash-train-station-is-finally-set-for-upgrade-after-years-of-tension-and-delays/story-29715874-detail/story.html 

• RMweb Gold

I recall discussions with local Community Rail folk there a few years ago. There was real frustration at the intransigence of the owner mentioned in the local paper report. I do hope that this is actually the start of something better for this building.

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a story there, somewhere!

Just the normal courtship, clotted cream and a liberal thinking (for the early 1950's) Great Aunt type of story. Nothing too Thomas Hardy you understand, much more Carry On in the Diary dairy(at Weard Farm). Ooh er missus.

• RMweb Gold

I understand from my local Saltash source that the Council definitely have something underway although exactly what is in mind is not completely clear as yet (unless Mrs Stationmaster was not paying sufficient attention to what she was told by an old schoolfriend of hers - who happens to have some local involvement).

• RMweb Premium

Just the normal courtship, clotted cream and a liberal thinking (for the early 1950's) Great Aunt type of story. Nothing to Thomas Hardy you understand, much more Carry On in the Diary (At Weard Farm). Ooh er missus.

Would that be Mrs Dale's Diary?

Bu**a! Must pay more attention.

Probably not to far off but without Jessie Matthews and all the Doctor connotations.

Would that make it Mrs. Dulls Diary?

P

Archived