Big Gulp......both Parkside and Cambrian going to retire. Just as I am about to retire and have time to build more kits.

Perhaps this needs to be an RTR wish list if the two best ranges of 4mm wagon kits are potentially disappearing.

NER/LNER 13 ton coal hopper

NER /LNER 20 ton coal hopper (wooden body)

BR 13 ton coal hopper.

...you never know what might be on the next train from Kirkcaldy!

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

I have been following the comments and suggestions with interest.

Can I take this opportunity to remind you all that The Wishlist Poll 2016 goes live on RMweb from early tomorrow, Monday 10 October, and runs until Saturday 29 October? Many of the vehicles discussed on the preceding pages are listed for you to vote for.

You will find (in respect of wagons per se):

68 items: Pre-1948 (but including BR descendants)

33 items: 1948-1963 period. (If the item you want isn't here, check back in the preceding category or look at that first)

31 items: 1964 to current

56 items: General Railway Service (15 of which are wagons)

53 items appear in the Coaching Stock: Non-passenger-carrying category. Not all are 'wagons' but many are - for example, the Cartic-4. (We explain in The Guide why certain things are listed within certain categories.)

At the request of voters we show new this year some listings for pre-Grouping companies. An example is: LNWR Wagons & Vans (inc 4- and 6-wheel Brake Vans). You will find similar titles for (alphabetically): LBSCR, LSWR, SECR, CR, LYR, MR, SDJR, GCR, GER, GNR, NBR and NER. 'Other' types are not forgotten, and you will find such as RCH Tank Wagon, Rectank, USATC Wagons and the Warwell.

We hope you will enjoy taking part from tomorrow and will welcome any suggestions for the future (addressed to The Poll Team email address, preferably with any links that you can supply).

Brian Macdermott (on behalf of The Poll Team)

Archived