Eurostar centre coaches

hellotojasonisaacs

Hello. I've found a French manufacturer/ retailer who produces kits of Eurostar cafe bar and regular coaches. The company ice called apocopa.fr and appears to be a cottage industry. They do a selection of other French rolling stock too. I was just wondering if anyone had had any dealings with them in the past and what they're like generally?

Many thanks in advance :)

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks for the quick responce guys. He does seem to have good products but if his porducts are HO, i might have to give it a miss.

Yes, HO, as you would expect of a French producer.

Am I right in thinking that Hornby never made any intermediate coaches for the Eurostar?

Yes, HO, as you would expect of a French producer.

Am I right in thinking that Hornby never made any intermediate coaches for the Eurostar?

You are correct in thinking that, they made coaches based on the end of each half set, but never proper ones with articulated bogies.

• RMweb Gold

You are correct in thinking that, they made coaches based on the end of each half set, but never proper ones with articulated bogies.

Just been having a look on internet. As you say, only vehicles are the lead car, second car and the one at the other end of the half-set.

Might not be too difficult to make up the ordinary seating cars by cut-and-shut. Bar car would need an overlay though.

• 3 weeks later...

Just been having a look on internet. As you say, only vehicles are the lead car, second car and the one at the other end of the half-set.

Might not be too difficult to make up the ordinary seating cars by cut-and-shut. Bar car would need an overlay though.

Model Rail Issue 88 and 138 have articles on doing this. Still would prefer the Hurst kits though, a bit easier!!