Minerva GWR Pannier Tank - open for advanced orders

81A Oldoak

Order forms for the various versions of our new GWR 57XX/8750 0-6-0 Pannier model are attached to this message and on the Minerva website for downloading.

Since our announcement at Telford, we have confirmed production with our factory, with one small change from the original plan. This means that the batch of riveted tank 57xx’s  has changed places with the 57xx with the original pattern injectors, and will now be the last to appear. This simplifies our tooling and has enabled us to slightly reduce the advance order price from the anticipated £230 to £225.

The Panniers will therefore be delivered as follows:

1. 8750
  2. 57xx
  3. 57xx Original injector
  4. 57xx Riveted tanks

We are also pleased to confirm that the advance order price of £225 is guaranteed up until the 31st March 2017, with production expected to commence soon afterwards. Most variants will have Top Feed, 4 x Livery variants, DC, DCC and DCC Sound options, so some research is needed to ensure you have the correct specification for your own model.

We will be at the Reading show at the start of December with loads of order forms, so do come along and see us.

Regards,

Chris B and Chris K

Minerva Model Railways Ltd

Minerva GWR Pannier Order Form 57XX Early Injector.pdf

Minerva GWR Pannier Order Form 57XX Rivetted Tank.pdf

Minerva GWR Pannier Order Form 57XX.pdf

Minerva GWR Pannier Order Form 8750.pdf

• Like 3

You are a very wicked man producing such temptation for us poor old pensioners who aren't even into O gauge (er, see you at Reading)

Even worse for those heading towards a possibly poor pensionhood who are into O gauge, but for which it's the wrong period* and company**! Fortunately I won't be at Reading.

* Although some of my 7mm modelling is around the right era, but will mostly be narrow gauge.

** The GWR may be my main interest, but I'm trying to avoid expanding it from 4mm scale.

Will you be at Reading Chris or can you answer now please a question about the vacuum pipe running along the footplate hanging frame?  Will it be moulded as part of the frame or will it be a separate attached part (and thus much easier to remove)?

I will be at Reading. I can't answer your question yet as we are still working on the design.

Regards,

Chris

Since our announcement at Telford, we have confirmed production with our factory, with one small chan

The Panniers will therefore be delivered as follows:

1. 8750
  2. 57xx
  3. 57xx Original injector
  4. 57xx Riveted tanks

Choosing might be easier if you could provide drawings / CADs to show what the differences are in the offered versions.

BTW - I asked about LT livery at Telford...  which form do I use for that version?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

we are still working on the design.

Regards,

Chris

In that case, perhaps worth keeping in mind during the design process that this chassis could also be useful for pregrouping GWR saddle tank varieties in the future? Edited by Mikkel

In that case, perhaps worth keeping in mind during the design process that this chassis could also be useful for pregrouping GWR saddle tank varieties in the future?

As with the Victory 0-6-0T, the footplate will be a metal casting so I would expect the vacuum pipes running along the footplate valence to be  plug-in plastic injection mouldings. We considered the versatility of the chassis at an early stage of the selection process, but that shouldn't be taken as a statement of intent.

• RMweb Gold

As with the Victory 0-6-0T, the footplate will be a metal casting so I would expect the vacuum pipes running along the footplate valence to be  plug-in plastic injection mouldings. We considered the versatility of the chassis at an early stage of the selection process, but that shouldn't be taken as a statement of intent.

It would definitely simplify conversion to a steam brake only engine if you could do it that way.

Choosing might be easier if you could provide drawings / CADs to show what the differences are in the offered versions.

BTW - I asked about LT livery at Telford...  which form do I use for that version?

The order forms outline the basic variations - top feed or not, rivetted tanks or welded etc. You can have any colour you want so long as it's black :D ;)

• RMweb Gold

The order forms outline the basic variations - top feed or not, rivetted tanks or welded etc. You can have any colour you want so long as it's black :D ;)

Or green!

Rather than the LT livery, I was rather hoping for BR unkempt grey, which I recall seeing applied to most tank locos in South Wales in the early 60s.

The exceptions being Cardiff Canton's top link and the recent departures from either Barry or Caerphilly works.

• Like 1