Minerva GWR Pannier Tank - open for advanced orders

81A Oldoak

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

OK in which case try Warren Shepherd for one also Meteor, Premier Components (at shows rather than mail order) and Ragstone for more generic darts. JLTRT do or did a pannier and I think they will supply parts.

Is this as a replacement for the one provided by Minerva?

If so, I'm not quite sure what the problem with the factory-fitted one is.

Is this as a replacement for the one provided by Minerva?

If so, I'm not quite sure what the problem with the factory-fitted one is.

The darts fitted to our Minerva panniers are prototypically correct having been designed from original General Arrangement drawings. However, they are rather fragile and very rough handling by the Royal Mail (the Chester and Peterborough sorting offices are especially bad) and couriers (UPS very bad) can result in damage despite our best packing efforts. If any owners have problemns please contact us.

Regards,

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Nick,

Many thanks for your compliment.

Regards,

Chris

Don't worry, Chris, if I take my pannier to our next club meeting, Nick won't be sitting on the fence for long!

Thanks for the announcement about the Manning Wardle, by the way, fantastic stuff.

• Like 1

Don't worry, Chris, if I take my pannier to our next club meeting, Nick won't be sitting on the fence for long!

Thanks for the announcement about the Manning Wardle, by the way, fantastic stuff.

As Jeeves might have said, "We endeavour to give satisfaction."

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I might be purchasing an O gauge wagon kit to make over the weekend. I need to get it out of my system!

Wanting a 0 gauge GWR 'Toad' but being in no mood to build one, I went to a well known s/h 0 gauge dealers website. Great, there was one.....Agh,, 'not in stock'. So I checked out a GWR coach to save me building one....Not in stock. This prompted me to checkout other models with the same result. Hell, If this guy deleted everything he DIDN'T have in stock, he'd have no website!

Edited by coachmann

Even the old Lima Toad can be 'breathed on' a bit to produce a nice model at a cheap price. This is the best photo I have of mine at the moment.

post-704-0-90913000-1521631523.jpg

Replacement handrails with 4mm scale handrail knobs, scrap brass lamp irons, spare brake gear, spoked Slaters wheels, a repaint, & Guard from Phoenix Figures (as are the Shunter & Yard Foreman).

Edit: just realised that at the time of that photo, the lamp iron had broken off & the handrail had come away at the bottom corner!! D'oh!! :fool: :banghead:

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 5

Hi Chris

Are riveted Panniers still due this weekend? Is collection from Gauge 0 at Hardwicke still on?

Norman

Norman,

Sadly no. Shipping has been subject to transport delays. We will advise as soon as we have a new date from our shipping agent. 

Regards,

Chris

Protocab fitted Minerva 57XX 7788 shunts a weathered Minerva Iron Mink van at Cwm Bach. 

Excellent, really excellent!

It is difficult to tell the exact colour on the laptop screen - it looks like a heavily weathered green, but the presence of topfeed suggest that you have started out with  black model...?