Minerva GWR Pannier Tank - open for advanced orders

81A Oldoak

Quick question, once all the versions of the model have been released, do you intend to release a 2nd batch?

I'd like another 8750, and another 57XX type but I can't afford it this year.

We will have to sell all of the first production batch and then be confident that there are sufficient potential sales to justify a second run.

• 4 weeks later...

The first decorated sample of the Minerva 8750 0-6-0PT loco is on its way to the UK in time for the GOG Summer Show at Doncaster on 3rd June. We have been sent these photos of the BR late crest version that were taken in the factory. Please note that the chimney has not been pushed fully home; the loose tool boxes, steps, pipes etc have not been fitted and the buffers will be blackend on production versions. Delivery remains on schedule for July 2017 and the price of the DC version is £265 + £9 carriage including VAT. Details about the DCc options and  how to order are on the Minerva website at https://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/how-to-order/

post-13142-0-34791600-1495647132_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-36068100-1495647138_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-70943800-1495647141_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-08203500-1495647146_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Looks great & can't wait!!

Will there be a whistle shield supplied? (comment about loose parts not fitted duly noted)

Long and short pre-formed etched brass whistle shields will be supplied fro fitting by the proud owner.

Looks excellent.

Will the wheels and coupling rods be blackened as well on the production model?

Wheels and coupling rods will be blackened. In fact, the wheels on this sample are blackened, but the reflection of the white background makes them appear lighter.

That looks rather nice. A LT one would be nice (rain strips, tripcock and other changes would be needed however). Such a model could make me consider my planned Lillie Bridge dirorama/microlayout in O rather than P4 as a possibility.

That looks rather nice. A LT one would be nice (rain strips, tripcock and other changes would be needed however). Such a model could make me consider my planned Lillie Bridge dirorama/microlayout in O rather than P4 as a possibility.

In addition to the modifications, we will need to discuss with LT rights to use their branding. It is something we will assess when the 57XX versions go on sale in September.

Mike,

I am confident, but suggest you judge us by our record. We delivered the Peckett and Victory locomotives on time. I delivered the Ixion Fowler 0-4-0DM to customers just 11 months after letting the contract with the factory and brought the Ixion Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0ST to market quickly. I don't think I can say much more.

Regards,

Chris

• Like 1

Mike,

I am confident, but suggest you judge us by our record. We delivered the Peckett and Victory locomotives on time. I delivered the Ixion Fowler 0-4-0DM to customers just 11 months after letting the contract with the factory and brought the Ixion Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0ST to market quickly. I don't think I can say much more.

Regards,

Chris

Chris,

Then it looks like I'll be ordering your model. I can't wait for the prolonged times that Dapol say.

Cheers,

Mike

In addition to the modifications, we will need to discuss with LT rights to use their branding. It is something we will assess when the 57XX versions go on sale in September.

I for one would be up for one/two LT versions !

Can't see an issue with using their branding, Dapol are producing one....

Will the BR versions have the brackets for the smoke box number plates please ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris, here is a question from the Netherlands. I really hope you can get it clear soon. Because I've pre ordered a Dapol LT by Tower. I got the two different LBSCR versions of the Dapol Terrier. I also got the Ixion Hudswell Clarke, and that's a much smoother runner then both of the Dapols. Together with your pictures on this forum, is for me a no brainer to get one.

Cheers,

Henk

I for one would be up for one/two LT versions !

Can't see an issue with using their branding, Dapol are producing one....

Will the BR versions have the brackets for the smoke box number plates please ?

We recommend you order your numberplates from Narrow Planet. We have negotiated a special price from Narrow Planet for Minerva pannier owners and the BR fret will contain two small fold-up brackets on the perimeter of the etch. Order and offer details will be included in the information sheet.

Regards,

Chris

The first decorated sample of the Minerva GWR 8750 0-6-0PT was on display at the GOG Summer Show in Doncaster last Saturday. It was well received and I have now been able to take some good quality photos of the model. Please note that this is a decorated sample and a few minor tweaks are necessary. Paul Chetter also joined us on the stand to demonstrate the prototype DCC sound project that he has developed for the Minerva Pannier; in short, it is brilliant.

The loco is on schedule for delivery in July (this year) unless force majeur interferes. VAT inclusive prices are: DC/DCC Ready: £265; DCC fitted £320; DCC and sound fitted £390. Carriage is £9 for all versions. The 57XX welded version is due in October 2017 with a £40 discount off all versions on advanced orders until 30 June 2017. The 57Xx with riveted tanks is due in December 2017 and the £40 discount applies until 30 September 2017. Full details and order forms are on the Minerva website: https://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/how-to-order/

Narrow Planet is pleased to offer purchasers of the new Minerva pannier tank loco a special offer on suitable etched brass number plates to complete their models. As one of the most numerous types of GWR loco it would not be possible to cover every number "out of the box", so you can receive a 50% discount on GWR or BR period number sets. The information leaflet that accompanies the model contains instructions for ordering on-line or by post and the special discount offer code.Prices  after discount are:GWR (cab side number plates)£2.25 unpainted/£2.50 painted;  British Railways (cab side and smokebox number plates, shed plate) £3.75 unpainted/£4.25 painted.

Finally, if you are visiting Guildex at Telford in September, do visit the Minerva stand where we will have a surprise for you.

Regards,

Chris

post-13142-0-04743900-1496667621_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-41200800-1496667625_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-50333600-1496667629_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-30716000-1496667633_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-98824400-1496667636_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

The first decorated sample of the Minerva GWR 8750 0-6-0PT was on display at the GOG Summer Show in Doncaster last Saturday. It was well received and I have now been able to take some good quality photos of the model. Please note that this is a decorated sample and a few minor tweaks are necessary. Paul Chetter also joined us on the stand to demonstrate the prototype DCC sound project that he has developed for the Minerva Pannier; in short, it is brilliant.

Any chance of putting that sound on YouTube? I am currently on the lookout for a new GWR sound for a Bachmann Pannier, so will it also be available on a 648 Zimo decoder for 4mm?

That is one really neat looking model.

Edited by coachmann

Any chance of putting that sound on YouTube? I am currently on the lookout for a new GWR sound for a Bachmann Pannier, so will it also be available on a 648 Zimo decoder for 4mm?

That is one really neat looking model.

I'll have a chat with Paul Chetter.

The loco is on schedule for delivery in July (this year) unless force majeur interferes. VAT inclusive prices are: DC/DCC Ready: £265; DCC fitted £320; DCC and sound fitted £390. Carriage is £9 for all versions. The 57XX welded version is due in October 2017 with a £40 discount off all versions on advanced orders until 30 June 2017. The 57Xx with riveted tanks is due in December 2017 and the £40 discount applies until 30 September 2017. Full details and order forms are on the Minerva website: https://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/how-to-order/

Narrow Planet is pleased to offer purchasers of the new Minerva pannier tank loco a special offer on suitable etched brass number plates to complete their models. As one of the most numerous types of GWR loco it would not be possible to cover every number "out of the box", so you can receive a 50% discount on GWR or BR period number sets. The information leaflet that accompanies the model contains instructions for ordering on-line or by post and the special discount offer code.Prices  after discount are:GWR (cab side number plates)£2.25 unpainted/£2.50 painted;  British Railways (cab side and smokebox number plates, shed plate) £3.75 unpainted/£4.25 painted.

Finally, if you are visiting Guildex at Telford in September, do visit the Minerva stand where we will have a surprise for you.

Regards,

Chris

Lovely looking loco.

Congratulations to you both for not only producing a superb model, but also bringing it from announcement to the modeller within a reasonable, and accurate, forcasted, timescale.

Jinty ;)

Looks great.

I'm not convinced about sound in models yet, but I'm guessing a speaker/sound decoder would be able to be fitted in the future?

You can fit a DCC Sound decoder later if desired. The superstructure is attached to the chassis with four screws and the decoder is plugged into the eight-pin socket. The chimney is bored out and there is ample room in the smokebox and tanks for the decoder and speaker. The sound decoder will be available separately.