Prestatyn MRE Saturday 3rd December 2016

Signaller69

Organised by Rhyl & District MRC and in support of Ty Gobaith Childrens Hospice (Conwy) Reg Charity no. 1003859)

TIME: 10.30am - 4.00pm

VENUE: Christ (Parish) Church & Parish Community Hall, High Street, Prestatyn, Denbighshire, LL19 9AR.

Admission: ADULT £3, CHILD £1.50 (1 Child free with each paying adult).

Around a dozen layouts. As well as Club layouts, visitors this year include:

"The Sidings" in 00 scale by Nick Gurney (Nick G of this parish, link here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108369-the-sidings-recreating-the-modern-scene-in-a-small-space/?fromsearch=1 Featuring the current scene with DRS among other traction, and using DCC sound and lighting, and making its DEBUT exhibition appearance!

"Easingwold East" EM gauge late steam era Branch Line terminus being shown by new owner Alastair Oldfield of Rainhill MRC. Link to RM article by original builder here: https:// reader.exacteditions.com/issues/32571/spread/57

"Tan-y-Bryn" 00 scale Preserved Branch Line by John Bilsland;

"A taste of Amlwch" N scale steam era by David Roberts (Colwyn MRC);

"Underground Ernie" 00 Scale (approximately) by Norman Beaumont (Colwyn MRC) featuring the fantasy train characters from the animated children's tv shows. Drive it yourself for a small donation!

"Seabank Railway" G scale layout by the Seabank Group.

Also Eric Wain's superb model of "Rhyl Cresent Road Coach Station" featuring Coaches and Buses of the 1960s.

Prolific layout builder Peter Midwinter has kindly agreed to demonstrate Scratchbuilding Techniques where several of his current building projects can be seen in various stages of construction.

Traders include:

World of Motion

Along Classic Lines

Davenden Models

John Garnham

Light refreshments available.

Disabled access.

Further details will be added to this post leading up to the show. Hope to see you there!

Thanks,

Martyn.

post-28743-0-55731000-1475585380.jpg

Details updated.

Guest Digital

I will be there helping  Nick Gurney with his excellent highly detailed layout "The Sidings"

A fantastic layout built to Nick's high standards, out on the exhibition circuit for the first time.

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

A good show and some fine layouts on display. Good to meet NickG & Signaller69. 

After 14 months of collecting stock, I really need to get my finger out and start building a layout to run stuff on. I find though I get inspired and disheartened in equal measure when I attend a show. Inspired to start building but disheartened as I doubt I'll ever develop the skills to produce something to the standards of some of these layouts on display.

And then there's the curve ball ... do I ditch the OO locos I've been collecting, buy a huge barn and build a layout to run those stunning G Scale class 66's as seen on the Lon Diesel layout!

post-22167-0-33025600-1480772873_thumb.jpg

Back from a great show, The Sidings performed faultlessly. Thanks to John (Digital) and Geoff (37425) for giving up their time to assist me and thanks to Martyn (Signaller69) and team for putting on a great show and making us welcome.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by for a chat and a couple of RMweb members that stopped by, Scottish Exile & TinsleyToton. 

Just got home, very many thanks to everyone who attended, regretably I didn't have nearly enough time to chat to people or even operate my own layout (thanks Neil!!!) but it was nice to meet several fellow Rm-webbers as Nick G mentioned above, and see so many people enjoying the show, playing trains etc. Not sure yet how much we raised for Ty Gobaith but will post on this thread I do. A good day all in all! :-)

• RMweb Gold

oh flip, forgot this was on today, as i mentioned to nick last week i was going to tie in our annual christmas trip to see my aunt (who lives practically opposite on victoria avenue) with a sneaky visit to the show but it slipped my mind

Archived