Jinty in O gauge

steve fay

Great!  One of my all time favourites.  Only a year to release?  Seems optimistic unless they've been beavering away in secret for a couple of years.

I was dismayed when Hattons announced their commission to Heljan for TWO Pacifics.  I though "who has room for these?"  Locos like this are, IMO, what are needed.

John

It's finally been confirmed, / Jinty is on the way from Dapol.

Good news indeed

I've never been to Dapol, even though it's only down the road a bit from me!!!!!!!!   :jester:

I think I could be persuaded.................................................. :drag:

Jinty ;)

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Wibble. I think I may have to order one of these...in SDJR blue!

Good memories of cabbing one of the ones at Butterley as a kid with my grandpa, so errmmm yes, expect to see one on Elsbridge Wharf...

• RMweb Premium

At least it's not another ****** GWR pannier tank!

Timescale and price look attractive [esp. compared to Heljan]

The MR/LMS 8' + 8'6" chassis has many other possibilities.... 1F tank, 2F, 3F, 4F tender locos.

Dava

• Like 1

Guest 40-something

I am sure it will be great in 7 years time when it finally gets released. I for one will not be holding my breath.

11 posts before a moan. Wow.

Great news for 7mm modellers!

Edited by 40-something
  • Like 1

...So we've had Southern, GWR. LMS and BR locos. LNER next please...

Another 'thumbs up' for the proactive approach being taken by Dapol to open up O gauge to the masses.

Agree with the above, hopefully the next announcement will be an LNER loco in a similar vein to the others.

There's only one option in my eyes...... it's got to be a J72!! :) It wouldn't seem a bad shout either particularly given the continued success of the Bachmann (ex-Mainline) version in 4mm scale and the fact that Dapol are going to produce an N gauge one too. Just blow those drawings up to 7mm scale lads ;)

A J72 is no use. AFAIAA they never worked passenger trains, Now, if they did a J69 it could work passenger, but they could also do it in the glorious livery of 68619 (the famous "Liverpool Street pilot").

Ed

Spoil sport ;)

But to throw the left-field suggestion out there, which I always do in these type of threads... How about a J70 (or Y6) Wisbech and Upwell tram!? A distinctive loco, used on both goods and passenger workings, long-lived and with a novelty value through the Toby factor! Surely they would be wildly popular! :)

• Like 1

I've never been to Dapol, even though it's only down the road a bit from me!!!!!!!!   :jester:

I think I could be persuaded.................................................. :drag:

Jinty ;)

Likewise  I am  down  the   road so to  speak,  only  ever  been  the  once  although  I  pass  close by occasionally  say  no more!!

Like  the  idea  of  a  Jinty  though,  £191  from  Tower Models,  last  Jinty  I bought  was  around  £600,   makes  you  think  doesn't  it??

Edited by Stevelewis

... Now, if they did a J69 it could work passenger, but they could also do it in the glorious livery of 68619 (the famous "Liverpool Street pilot").

Ed

Rgarding the J69, there has been some broad hints that one might appear from the Little Loco Company in due course, so your wish may come true!

• RMweb Premium

J72s were used as pilots at major NER area stations such as Hull & Newcastle, which is one reason more were built and some painted in Apple or NER green, so they certainly pulled passenger stock. Only minor variations [smaller wheels] than the J71 which did haul passenger trains sometimes.

Y6 or J70 available via other routes, or build your own from a fruit box!

Dava