Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

"EDIT: PS - How can this be Jinty's videos with a backdrop on the title board of a GW Pannier!  Mr Fowler would be turning in his grave would he not???"

Such is the world we live in, I think 'Cosmopolitan' suits the situation well

(Oh and it's a 51xx Prairie not a Pannier!!!)

Thanks for the kind comments Re: 37 weathering and video.

Talyllyn Junction West was served by both the Western and Midland regions. Western from both Three Cocks and Merthyr and Midland from Three Cocks Junction and North (Hereford, etc).

There will be a Dapol Jinty on the layout soon as well as the likes of the 3F & 4F 0-6-0 tender locos and the ubiquitous Ivatt 2MT Moguls, these will all be rubbing shoulders with the Panniers, 4575's, 2251's, etc, etc. A little bit of licence will be used, but it would not of been impossible for the likes of a Jinty to find its way there running South to Swansea maybe???

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

"EDIT: PS - How can this be Jinty's videos with a backdrop on the title board of a GW Pannier!  Mr Fowler would be turning in his grave would he not???"

Such is the world we live in, I think 'Cosmopolitan' suits the situation well

(Oh and it's a 51xx Prairie not a Pannier!!!)

Thanks for the kind comments Re: 37 weathering and video.

Talyllyn Junction West was served by both the Western and Midland regions. Western from both Three Cocks and Merthyr and Midland from Three Cocks Junction and North (Hereford, etc).

There will be a Dapol Jinty on the layout soon as well as the likes of the 3F & 4F 0-6-0 tender locos and the ubiquitous Ivatt 2MT Moguls, these will all be rubbing shoulders with the Panniers, 4575's, 2251's, etc, etc. A little bit of licence will be used, but it would not of been impossible for the likes of a Jinty to find its way there running South to Swansea maybe???

Jinty ;)

Hi Jinty,

Ah your see thats the problem with trying to be a clever sod - your brain thinks Prairie, but the fingers type Pannier ... just goes to prove my brain can only be clever with one thing at once!! :)

Rich

• RMweb Gold

After a fraught couple of days with a pretty large mileage under my belt, I finally got around to editing my latest video, which again features a Heljan class 37 and the Pick-up goods. A few more tweaks have been added to the video as I get my head around this video software slowly.

Hope you enjoy it:

http://youtu.be/HCw9zjtjdp0

Great video David, working backwards through your thread sorry :O

Jinty ;)

Hi Rod. About four months ago.

Huge difference and so driverable and responsive to the throttle.

Thanks two tone.  I'll get it updated in a couple of weeks: I have a pal who can hopefully do it when I'm exhibiting with Oldham King Street Parcels.

Rod

Hi Jinty,

Just been playing catch up on your thread. That class 37 is such a beast and the layout is coming along really well.

I have a question for a mate who's building a 7mm  steam loco and he needs some Slaters Axles. Do you know of a retailer that sells them that preferably have paypal.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Jinty,

Just been playing catch up on your thread. That class 37 is such a beast and the layout is coming along really well.

I have a question for a mate who's building a 7mm  steam loco and he needs some Slaters Axles. Do you know of a retailer that sells them that preferably have paypal.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks.

Slaters retailer who takes Paypal???

Easy:    Roxey Mouldings.

http://www.roxeymouldings.co.uk/category/67/7mm-scale-accessories-by-slaters-plastikard/

Not sure if they list the axles on their own, but an e-mail should certainly help source what he wants.

Jinty ;)

Just Had a thought how about saying the other side of the triangle is shut for engineering so everything’s to go to Talyllyn to runround and go down branch

Thanks that's the reason for some of the freight traffic, such as the Ammonia train from Merthyr towards Three Cocks Junction, but instead, calling into Talyllyn West and reversing.

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

Hi Peter,

Thanks.

Slaters retailer who takes Paypal???

Easy:    Roxey Mouldings.

http://www.roxeymouldings.co.uk/category/67/7mm-scale-accessories-by-slaters-plastikard/

Not sure if they list the axles on their own, but an e-mail should certainly help source what he wants.

Jinty ;)

Thanks Mate, that's great I saw him today and he is going to have a look. 

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

I Noticed there was a painted Bachmann Brassworks oil tank wagon on eBay yesterday.

Plenty of bids though as you’d expect!

Jinty,

Sorry to hijack the thread, it may be no good to you or anyone else - but I have one of the Lionheart tanks that I'll be disposing of shortly if its any interest?

Rich

I Noticed there was a painted Bachmann Brassworks oil tank wagon on eBay yesterday.

Plenty of bids though as you’d expect!

Hi Steve,

I take it you are referring to my call a long time ago for 20t tanks for the Ammonia train that passed through Talyllyn?

I managed to get some POWSIDES 20t tank wagon kits, and I need to get Steve at Railtec to knock out some transfers for the white with orange stripe livery.

Thanks for the nod though.

Jinty ;)

A touch more done on the BR 20t Brake Van.

Made up the roof, using springs in each corner so it locates on the body aperture correctly, added the detail and primed in Acid Etch Primer.

Left overnight then sprayed with grey.

Fitted the glazing (real glass microscope slide coverslips) and then painted the wooden floor on each veranda end.

I have now added the copperclad strip for the little home made sprung pick-ups to be soldered to.

So here it is under running trials.

post-14906-0-63349000-1508787526_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-32424400-1508787537_thumb.jpg

Next is to make up the pick-ups, fit the decoder and then hopefully it will all work ok.

Then it needs a good weathering!!!! 

Jinty ;)

• Like 8

Finished the Brake Van this morning, well the wiring I have.

I made up some small pick-up springs and soldered them to the copperclad strip I attached underneath the body yesterday. The pick-ups are set to act on the back of the wheels. They also double up in keeping the wheels central to the van, allowing a touch of side play but reverting back to centre.

I then ran the wires up inside the body and attached them to the section of Vero board I'd attached. The common positives (blue wire) were given a 10K resistor on each circuit and then the MX686 Function Only decoder hardwired in via a multiplug. A 1000uF capacitor was added to the decoder as a stay alive, which gives about 5 seconds of power to the LED, which should be more than enough for crossing any dirty track.

And here are a few pictures showing the tail lamps after installation.

post-14906-0-53636700-1508844425_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-68330400-1508844435_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-16774400-1508844444_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-28026100-1508844452_thumb.jpg

All that's left to do now is weather it, but after some testing and maybe another video on Talyllyn!!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 10

And here are a few pictures showing the tail lamps after installation.

Looks great Jinty!

I have a couple of questions:

Where are the lamps from?

Isn't it a bit of a pain to have to select the brake van decoder and switch its direction every time its train changes direction?

Edited by Fastdax

Looks great Paul!

I have a couple of questions:

Where are the lamps from?

Isn't it a bit of a pain to have to select the brake van decoder and switch its direction every time its train changes direction?

Hi Duncan,

It's David (or Jinty),

The lamps I get from YouChoos, fully made up bi-colour LED's 

http://youchoos.co.uk/Index-Shop.php?L1=Lighting

I don't use the yellow/white lamp so just snip the wire.

I also change the resistor from the supplied 1K to a 10K to reduce the brightness, although I believe that changing a CV will also reduce the brightness as well.

As for changing direction, the decoder could be set up alongside the loco as a consist, therefore the lamps on the brake van will change with the loco.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

It's David (or Jinty),

Sorry David - brain fade! I did correct my post when I realised.

The lamps I get from YouChoos, fully made up bi-colour LED's 

http://youchoos.co.uk/Index-Shop.php?L1=Lighting

I don't use the yellow/white lamp so just snip the wire.

I also change the resistor from the supplied 1K to a 10K to reduce the brightness, although I believe that changing a CV will also reduce the brightness as well.

As for changing direction, the decoder could be set up alongside the loco as a consist, therefore the lamps on the brake van will change with the loco.

Interesting. The lamps do look good.

Thanks.