Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Wishlist Poll 2016

Polls like the one's on crowdfunding the 87 & 86 , Special livery's on the FWG HST sets and howl long should models take  from start to finish should be in THE POLL if not this year maybe next year . RM WEB has the data on these polls from RMWEB  but not not from those that don't go on this forum ,  Poll's like Blue tooth Railroad app VS DCC ready and  DCC equiped.  How do the Poll takers feel  on this question . DO they want more article's on the advantages or are they happy with current status on model availability .  these might be too late to add these in this year's poll  but a consideration for next year .  009 is getting produced and maybe  include these in next years poll's 

That's a different kind of poll. You could start a poll topic and see what kind of interest it generates.

I do think 009 might be handled the same way as "Industrial" locomotives.

• RMweb Premium

I would like to thank the poll team for another excellent poll, I now look forward to seeing pigs fly.

Wessex Electrics (the 442s, also known as 'Plastic Pigs') never had wings as far as I can remember...

Mind you, they're likely for the 'chop' soon...

• RMweb Gold

I do think 009 might be handled the same way as "Industrial" locomotives.

Hello Oz

If you can give us some thoughts on what it might look like, I'd welcome the input either here or to the email address you have for me.

Thanks.

Brian Macdermott (on behalf of The Poll Team)

• RMweb Gold

Hornby must be trying to find a new good seller. They're urging us to vote on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/officialhornby/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Indeed, it has been very encouraging to see the response we have had to the Press Releases this year. Although I haven't yet seen it myself, I believe we will be in the Bachmann Collector Club eNewsletter. Publication schedules of the printed Collector Club Magazine precluded us appearing there this year.

Whilst writing, can I thank those who have kindly downloaded The Poll Poster? Much appreciated!

May I make a suggestion for next year's poll?

Could the underground section be renamed underground and light rail. And include in it things such as Glasgow underground, Edinburgh trams Manchester metrolink Tyne and wear metro and all the other new trams . Maybe some of the older first generation trams as well.

It would be interesting to know what demand there is for such things.

• RMweb Gold

Hello darrel

I always put suggestions on the Agenda so that they all get 'a fair hearing'.

After numerous requests,we elected to list Underground (and Industrial) from 2014 as there are spin-offs from the main lists into and out of these. The difficulty is... where do we stop?

The lists are currently running 'on overload'. We try to not delete anything apart from items that get announced. That means that those who have suggested things in the past are not disappointed and we get a (relatively) consistent set of results to compare year-on-year.

To do the suggested subject justice would need two or three hundred items listed - you could probably have a category simply for Blackpool Trams. And we have to balance that with the requests we have had to run lists for 0 and 009 as well as those who want pre-Group enhanced along with greater detail of significant rebuilds and liveries.

• RMweb Gold

Hello darrell

Many thanks for your empathy of the predicament we face. As noted, Underground and Industrial were on the Agenda for a while before we decided that we could, in fact, run with them.

We will never say 'never'. But we do have to face practicality.

• RMweb Gold

An update

On its Engine Shed website on Friday 21 October, Hornby announced two new Mk1 passenger coaches – the Open Brake Second (BSO) and the Open First (FO).

The BSO has been in the Top 50 of The Wishlist Poll every year since 2012 and has been the most wanted Mk1 passenger-carrying type since 2013.

The FO was in the High Polling segment between 2012 and 2014 and moved into the Top 50 in 2015.

DJM has confirmed that its crowd-funded projects for the Class 92 in both N & 00 are going ahead. The loco has been High Polling in 00 since 2013 and was in overall second place in the N Poll in 2015, rising from fourth position in 2014.

Hattons recently announced two projects. In The Wishlist Poll 2015:

The 1940s Warwell was the most-wanted pre-1948 Freight Stock item and was in the Top 50.

The 1970s Warwell was the most-wanted post-1963 Freight Stock item and was in the upper echelons of the High Polling segment.

The Beilhack Snowplough was in the upper echelons of the Middle Polling segment.

These announcements bring the total of 00 items announced since publication of the Results of The Wishlist Poll 2015 to:

16 High Polling (with 8 of those in the Top 50)

8 Middle Polling (4 are above the ‘half way point’; the others only just below.)

0 Low Polling

• RMweb Premium

...On its Engine Shed website on Friday 21 October, Hornby announced two new Mk1 passenger coaches – the Open Brake Second (BSO) and the Open First (FO).

The BSO has been in the Top 50 of The Wishlist Poll every year since 2012 and has been the most wanted Mk1 passenger-carrying type since 2013.

The FO was in the High Polling segment between 2012 and 2014 and moved into the Top 50 in 2015...

Are these to the more basic standard, or something new to a more detailed level?

OK. I've had a quick look and it appears they're to the basic standard, not higher detail.

Why on earth would they be to any different standard?

There is already a Bachmann range (at a higher price point); Hornby's new Mk1 range has always been pitched at a cheaper price point, for bulk-buying of "layout coaches". I'd rather they matched the existing range than developed into yet another range of Mk1 stock!

Paul

• RMweb Premium

I think the Hornby Mk.1 hit a nice sweet spot for those wanting to run trains on a layout in being sufficiently detailed for operating models whilst being kept relatively affordable. If people do want super detail then the Bachmann models are still very good and there would be nothing preventing one of the other suppliers having a go, but it seems that these particular models fill a niche for good, lower cost models that few others are interested in filling.

• RMweb Gold

I think the Hornby Mk.1 hit a nice sweet spot for those wanting to run trains on a layout in being sufficiently detailed for operating models whilst being kept relatively affordable. If people do want super detail then the Bachmann models are still very good and there would be nothing preventing one of the other suppliers having a go, but it seems that these particular models fill a niche for good, lower cost models that few others are interested in filling.

Food for thought, taken from Hatton's website, this morning:

Bachmann Mk.1s, recent releases and items for pre-order: £33.11

Hornby Mk.1, BSO and FO, for pre-order: £33.00

Current Hornby Mk.1, BSK, in SR green, with lights, £33.80. 

John

Surprised to not see (unless i missed it) modern image IHA steel coil carrier covered wagons on the list? In use pretty widely with DB, colas et al and something a bit different about them. Given the Colas locos produced by several manufacturers they would make a great match and give the locos something to haul. You could replicate the Boston steel runs for example. The Boston runs have used all sorts motive power too over time, locos applicable would include 50/47/56/70 etc.

https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/I/IHA/

• RMweb Gold

Final Call for voting in The Wishlist Poll 2016

Hello everyone

A final reminder that you only have until midnight tonight - Saturday 29 October - to get your votes placed. You can find the link to enter at the top of each RMweb page.

If you have any queries, we will do our best to answer them up to about 16.00 today.

• RMweb Gold

Note to Mods:

Could we ask for this thread to be 'locked off' now, please? We will be opening up a new thread entitled Results - The Wishlist Poll 2016 in a few days.

Thanks.

Note to readers and contributors to this thread:

Thank you for all your comments and support. As you can see in our note above, we'll be back soon with the results. We'll take up any queries there.

Archived