The Wallows

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Drat and double drat, just realised that there is a point operating mechanism in the way of one of the legs so I need to redesign the unit. :(

the point mechanism or the leg? So easy to find something conflicts.

Don

Mike although I am finding the BullFrog actuators very good and reliable I intend to use my build time on my next layout for, well building buildings.  To that end the Blue point actuators would speed up the process ie something less to build but.......

I can see NGT sell them and obviously all over the USA but is there anybody else who sells them here in the UK?

Best

• Like 1

We used the Blue point actuators on "Scratchy Bottom". I went for them as I was feed up with frying point motors half way through a show when we were operating our old shunting layout "Ultramarine Works". We have now operated at 4 shows and never had a failure. The only problem we did have as the wire that moves the point blades needed to be reinforced with some brass wire. This could have been needed because the track is sat on top of 25mm insulation board and not directly on top of the base board.

Marc  

Mike although I am finding the BullFrog actuators very good and reliable I intend to use my build time on my next layout for, well building buildings.  To that end the Blue point actuators would speed up the process ie something less to build but.......

I can see NGT sell them and obviously all over the USA but is there anybody else who sells them here in the UK?

Best

NGT is as far asI'm aware the only UK supplier. There  used to be a supplier in Kidderminster but, alas its no longer there. I do change the actuator wire to 040" as the wire supplied is not stiff enough to throw and hold scratch-built point work.

• 2 weeks later...

Well today a mile stone or should that be mill stone has been reached in that all the track is now laid, well I still have the fiddle yard to lay, but who's counting. I have also sorted a niggling little intermittent fault on Wellington Street out, so all in all a good day. Just now need to sort out the pig sty ahem, I mean the gentleman's retreat/ activity bunker. As my wife often reminds me, I'm not the most tidy person in the world. I have also just downloaded 73 photos taken at our Golden Wedding Celebrations last year. Now for a very large Gin with perhaps a splash of tonic. ;)

Edited by Mike
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well with the track-work completed as well with all the electrics, hooray, yes it all works and engines have run, I have started on the buildings. The main structure which dominates the rear siding is the Harts Hill Iron works at over 2ft long give or take a smidgen. I'll post some photos this week so that you can see its not all smoke and mirrors, although I am making it up as I go along. ;)

• Like 8

A little more work on Harts Hill Iron Works, waiting for the glue to harden off then it's out with the filler, file and sandpaper etc. Internal walls and floors next before fitting the capping, windows and roofs. The pub in the background is just for effect and is not fitted on the baseboard.

post-185-0-85449100-1488564292.jpg

post-185-0-61013300-1488564305.jpg

post-185-0-94368200-1488564320.jpg

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...

Today was perhaps a good day in so much as the visit to the urology department at the hospital went reasonably well for my wife. For the past 9 years she has been regularly  monitored after her cancer surgery and today we thought she would get the all clear. Sadly she was informed that it will be at least 2019/20 before she will get the all clear. Somewhat puts modelling well down on my list of priorities.

Edited by Mike

Today was perhaps a good day in so much as the visit to the urology department at the hospital went reasonably well for my wife. For the past 9 years she has been regularly  monitored after her cancer surgery and today we thought she would get the all clear. Sadly she was informed that it will be at least 2019/20 before she will get the all clear. Somewhat puts modelling well down on my list of priorities.

I hadn't realised it's been 9 years for your Mrs, Mike. Considering how cancer so often goes, that's hopefully, something positive to view on the bright side.  :good:  

• RMweb Gold

Better they keep checking Mike than give her the all clear just for it to come back. Nine years sounds quite hopeful to me. I do understand your worries. My wife has the start of Glaucoma.

Don

Best wishes to your wife.

A very big THANK YOU for all your support. I'll not be posting much for a while, but will continue to follow all your posts. Here is a photo of my wife and I taken at our 50th wedding anniversary last September, so you can see just how important she is to me.

post-185-0-94907200-1491303709_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

A very big THANK YOU for all your support. I'll not be posting much for a while, but will continue to follow all your posts. Here is a photo of my wife and I taken at our 50th wedding anniversary last September, so you can see just how important she is to me.

attachicon.gifBragg6.jpg

Best Wishes to both,

John.

attachicon.gifBragg6.jpg

50th Wedding Anniversary..?? Get away - she don't look old enough....  :mosking:  :ok:  :D ;)

Just the state of play on Harts Hill Iron Works which is still under construction and won't progress much until after a few days away over Easter followed by tea at the Ritz and a friends big party bash at the end of the month. Looking after my good lady with a few treats.

post-185-0-01851400-1491579049.jpg

post-185-0-99365800-1491579078.jpg

post-185-0-86344400-1491579117.jpg

• Like 13