Hornby Announce Mk1 FO and BSO

MGR Hooper!

Can one hope they will have a close coupling mechanism so they can actually run with other Hornby and Bachmann close coupled corridor stock. Or are these just railroad 'models' with fancy liveries again...?

Thus far I have purchased ZERO Hornby Mk1s, despite the detail and decoration being good. Having all my other corridor stock (Pullmans, Mk1s, Gresleys, Maunsells and Hawksworths) close coupled on cams, a 1ft gap between corridors is just no longer acceptable...

Sorry for the negativity...

Can one hope they will have a close coupling mechanism so they can actually run with other Hornby and Bachmann close coupled corridor stock. Or are these just railroad 'models' with fancy liveries again...?

Thus far I have purchased ZERO Hornby Mk1s, despite the detail and decoration being good. Having all my other corridor stock (Pullmans, Mk1s, Gresleys, Maunsells and Hawksworths) close coupled on cams, a 1ft gap between corridors is just no longer acceptable...

Second post in the topic?????

Perhaps it is time to try another hobby, this one obviously gives you so much grief!

Sorry,

Peter C.

P.S. Thanks Hornby, I'll be waiting for these!

Edited by 45568
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Interesting the picture BSO E9011 at Cambridge

It appears to be a BSO with a micro buffet - it has a red stripe at the far end

Is that correct?

Micro Buffets were used on Cambridge-Liverpool Street trains at that time.  It certainly seems to have a red stripe above the furthest seating bay.

• RMweb Premium

These will have the same bogie-mounted NEM pocket that the rest of the newer range of Mk1 has. Clear to see in the CAD.

Where's the "FACEPALM" rating when you need one?

Never knew Hornby was so affected by you not buying any... Probably an RMweb record for fastest moan!

post-27484-0-90651800-1477052217.jpg

post-27484-0-81797500-1477052233.jpg

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

So following on from this, what Mk1 designs are left to be done?

Hello Hilux

Whilst not a complete list, the category entitled Coaches: BR & Pullman Cars in The Wishlist Poll 2016 (link below or at the head of each RMweb page) will give you some idea. Have a look down the list of PDFs to Category 13.

Brian Macdermott

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/page/wishlist_2016.html

<SARCASM MODE ON - just in case anyone misses it>

Not sure I can buy one of these, as I think there's a rivet missing from the lower left corner of the carriage end under the second step,  also the steps look to me to be about a millionth of an inch too thick so they're totally wrong :jester:  :O  :jester:

<SARCASM MODE OFF>

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Interesting the picture BSO E9011 at Cambridge

It appears to be a BSO with a micro buffet - it has a red stripe at the far end

Is that correct?

The batch was classified BSOT (Brake Second / Standard Open Trolley) with the red stripe correctly applied over one window bay where four seats were removed to create a trolley bay with a rudimentary fold-away flap for a "buffet counter".  Among other uses they were found on the Cambridge workings already mentioned and on numerous Scottish Highland trains from Glasgow and Inverness.  Sc9015, I think it was, being a one-time regular on the 06.00 Glasgow Queen St - Fort William portion added to the overnight sleeper from Euston.  

Great news, my twin fleets (Bachmann for tame rakes, HRR for interlopers) will be moved a crucial step closer to completion by this new addition.  

Absolutely delighted and awaiting their shipping with plastic on standby.

• RMweb Gold

Why ?????

Why not do something new and not duplicate existing models readily available - the people in their marketing and sales division really need a pat on the back for coming up with the idea of a new Mk1 coach - amazing !! No wonder the company is struggling this much if numpties like this are dictating what is released ..........

There is plenty of stuff not available in RTR form - try some of that and not pandering to the kettle brigade as Hornby does - The railways continue to run after 1968 !!!!!

Rant over - not really a rant as not bothered either way just disappointed i guess at the lack of vision from companies - Bachmann Mk1s are very good and i doubt Hornby will come up to that standard so why waste their time .........

Why ?????

Why not do something new and not duplicate existing models readily available - the people in their marketing and sales division really need a pat on the back for coming up with the idea of a new Mk1 coach - amazing !! No wonder the company is struggling this much if numpties like this are dictating what is released ..........

There is plenty of stuff not available in RTR form - try some of that and not pandering to the kettle brigade as Hornby does - The railways continue to run after 1968 !!!!!

Rant over - not really a rant as not bothered either way just disappointed i guess at the lack of vision from companies - Bachmann Mk1s are very good and i doubt Hornby will come up to that standard so why waste their time .........

Well, I looked at the rating buttons to rate this post, but there doesn't seem to be one that says 'what the #@%##$+# are you on about ' - these are Mk1 coaches that haven't been produced before and I feel sure they will sell out very quickly in a variety of liveries.
  • Like 1

Why ?????

I suggest checking up the meaning of duplicate!

Bachmann's Mk.1s are aimed at a different market i.e. an upmarket crowd. Hornby's was initailly RailRoad. But they are rather good and perfectly acceptable as a lower price alternative. Hornby isn't aiming for the Bachmann standard for their Mk.1s, if they were it would've been better and to the standard of their Pullman/Maunsell range.

Congrats you have bagged the second place for moaners!

• Like 1