Aces High

Aces High

Good morning all,  some of you may or may not be aware of my two on going projects on here.  Winterfall, a small shunting layout Set in Southern England at the tail end of WWII and Sabotage  a similar themed diorama set just after D-Day.

I won't bore you wall with the details but I returned to my childhood enjoyment of model trains and model making during a particularly difficult time.  It's given me something that's a distraction to all of that and is now something I genuinely look forward to getting spare time to do, spending most of my day armchair modelling about what I want to build next.

As I'm pretty new to this I've had to source the web and use sites of information such as RM web which have all been a great help, adding to my enjoyment.  I decided to have a go at documenting my own progress and start up my own website Aces High.  Being new to this I'd really appreciate some feedback as I'd really like it to be somewhere that's easy to follow.

My wife and I also started off a joint Facebook page as she has an interest in crafts and we've found pleasure in having a common interest.  However, wanting a bit of separation, and somewhere that everyone could easily share their hard work, I've started a spin off group Plane, Trains and Tanks, admittedly, whilst Aces High is doing quite well, PTT isn't.

I would welcome any feedback on all of them, and you're all most welcome to join and share your collective knowledge, hopefully helping to get them off the ground.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My wee IT project is slowly gaining momentum, all be it at the same pace as my modelling :D I'm going to try something out to help other people in the same position as myself.  Every Sunday evening from 1800hrs Hassle free marketing for your model or craft related pages and groups. Like and share our page then post a link to your page, like other people's pages and help our community grow.   If you're also trying to get a small page or group going please pop along and feel free to post a link and advertise it at https://www.facebook.com/AcesHigh76/ No commitment, no catch. 

post-29727-0-75785200-1479547258_thumb.png

Edited by Aces High

• 1 month later...

Very useful website, I really like the 'How to create a riverbed' video.

I'll have a play about to see if I can get anywhere near the standard that your wife made look so easy.

Regards,

Karl

• 1 year later...