New modelling Magazine

David Bigcheeseplant

We get a delivery at the model railway club, people seem to take a few copies each to distribute to friends and interested parties. I read it, and like other publications, not every article interests me, but some do. My thought is that it's another source of info, and if it does anything to attract or keep people in the hobby then it is to be welcomed. The business model is the concern of the publishers and not my worry.

• RMweb Gold

Another edition has arrived at my local model emporium.  It seems to have devolved a bit, being of newspaper format (complete with poor quality chip wrapper paper) presumably to reduce costs?  I can't really see this lasting much longer.

I think it's a wise evolution... It's printed in house to keep the costs down and it relies on advertisement revenue so as long as they are picked up by the punters then they might have found a tidy margin. It's certainly an original concept in model railway print media.

Griff

• 2 weeks later...

I was pleased to see that they published an article about my layout on page 35 of the October issue in 'Layouts We Love'.

I had a nice email from the editor Sarah Palmer encouraging me to submit my report. I sent several low quality images to choose from and told her that I would send her high quality images of the ones she wanted to publish. She published a couple of low quality images and they turned out all right.

On page 33 is a letter from John Arkell. I was in the Orpington and District Model Railway Club with him when he worked with Airfix. The explanation about what happened to the Kitmaster MK1 coach tools was interesting.

post-17621-0-51727200-1507620259_thumb.jpg

On page 33 is a letter from John Arkell. I was in the Orpington and District Model Railway Club with him when he worked with Airfix. The explanation about what happened to the Kitmaster MK1 coach tools was interesting.

Similar to what Simon Kohler said about various tools stored at the back of the warehouse at Margate.

I forgot.  The current issue of The Raiway Magazine has a copy of the freebie bagged with it.

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1

Similar to what Simon Kohler said about various tools stored at the back of the warehouse at Margate.

I forgot.  The current issue of The Raiway Magazine has a copy of the freebie bagged with it.

Not in my subscription copy.

Not in my subscription copy.

Sorry to hear that, it seems to have been bagged with copies to the normal retail channels.

The September issue of the freebie was also bagged with the October issue of "Rail Express", at WHS at least.

• 3 weeks later...