Manxcat

• RMweb Gold

It is just over 14 short weeks until Hall 3 of the SECC in Glasgow will resound again to the hubbub of Scotland's premier model railway show.

The Exhibition Team have once again put together what promises to be a great show with at least 50 layouts of varied scales and gauges from all over the UK. There will be a mix of preservation societies and hobby supporters and of course a wide and varied selection of trade stands and model railway manufacturers.

The show opens on Friday 24th February from 10:30am to 6pm; on Saturday 25th February from 10am to 6pm and on Sunday 26th February from 10:30am to 5pm.

Advance tickets, costing £1 less than the price at the door, are already on sale. As always, advance ticket holders will be admitted 30 minutes before those visitors buying their ticket on the day of the show. A copy of the comprehensive exhibition guide printed to the same high quality as always is included free with all adult and family tickets.

You can order advance tickets for the show on our website at www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk where you can also find out more about the show.

If you are attending this year's Warley Exhibition at the NEC in Birmingham, held on the 26th and 27th November 2016, why not buy your tickets there at the Model Rail Scotland stand, number E38.post-14517-0-87071200-1479240362_thumb.jpg

Myself and the team look forward to seeing you at the show.

Archie Brown

Chairman, AMRSS

• RMweb Gold

If buying tickets at Warley, will the Guide be available ? If not, will it be sent later, or can it be picked up at the Show ?

The guide isn't printed that early unfortunately but it will be available free at Hall 3 in the SECC on each day of the show to those who buy an adult or family ticket in advance or at the cash desk on the day.

Even now, we are still finalising some of the layouts and trade stands which will be attending. We send the copy for the guide as late as is reasonably possible while still meeting the printer's deadline. You will have deduced from this that if we sent it this early there would be errors and omissions which would not be fair to our visitors or exhibitors.

Archie

• RMweb Gold

The Liverpool Lime Street team have made an annual visit to the Glasgow show for the last several years.

We make a really good day out, with First Class Virgin travel from Preston, a full day at the show and a pint in Glasgow Central before the evening train back.

(Booking "Advance" tickets, with Senior Railcards makes it affordable)

For 2017 however, we'll be driving up to Glasgow on the Thursday, in two vans packed very carefully full of the layout.

Regular operator training sessions are taking place, and spectacular scenic developments are in hand! :O

Hopefully we'll see lots of our RMweb followers at the show?

Steve.

Went last February for the first time in about 40 - 45 years & thoroughly enjoyed it.

Took Mrs DS & had a day at the show while she did the Rennie McIntosh stuff.  In our own ways we both had a good day.

Had a trip out to Helensburgh & time in the city including the new transport museum &  Kelvingrove which, again, we both enjoyed for different reasons.

Would love to come back again next year but don't think it's going to happen.  It's a long way from down here in the sunny southwest.  The only sensible way is to fly up from Exeter & spend a few days there but her ladyship's waiting for an appointment with the surgeon's knife & sod's law says it will come at the same time.  I've got a pass-out if i want one but daren't use it in case.  Maybe next year?

For anyone dithering, I can wholeheartedly recommend it.  Go on - you know you want to!

• RMweb Premium

It's a great exhibition. I usually spend two days at it now, just to take it all in . But in addition if anyone wants to make a weekend of it then Glasgow is really a very nice city these days . Lots of top class museums , shopping and reasonably priced hotels. You can even stay on the Clyde coast and take the train in . Dead easy. Talking of which easyJet have some cheap advance tickets flying from Bridtol for those in South West.

It's a great exhibition. I usually spend two days at it now, just to take it all in . But in addition if anyone wants to make a weekend of it then Glasgow is really a very nice city these days . Lots of top class museums , shopping and reasonably priced hotels. You can even stay on the Clyde coast and take the train in . Dead easy. Talking of which easyJet have some cheap advance tickets flying from Bridtol for those in South West.

And a lot of the museums are FREE!!!!

For 2017 however, we'll be driving up to Glasgow on the Thursday, in two vans packed very carefully full of the layout.

Steve.

WoW!  that's excellent news. I've wanted to see Lime street in the flesh for ages.  can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Regular operator training sessions are taking place, and spectacular scenic developments are in hand! :O

Steve.

Here's a link to see the "spectacular developments"      http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/33141-lime-street-station/page-59&do=findComment&comment=2514385

Steve.

• RMweb Premium

I'll be there with my layout Oil Drum Lane DRS Depot fully DCC operated with all locomotives fitted with sound.

Just had a fantastic weekend at Warley with Oil Drum Lane so looking forward to Glasgow

For those unable to get to Glasgow Oil Drum Lane will be the Stafford Exhibition 4th & 5th February

As others have said Model Rail Scotland is a great exhibition with many layouts we don't often see south of the border.

A great day out

Terry

• RMweb Gold

We're on it Steve. Will be sorted soon.

All sorted. Remember to refresh the Model Rail Scotland "layouts" page in your browser if you have visited it already, so that you are not seeing a cached version. The correction will then show up.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived