Manxcat

• RMweb Gold

.............Clipped................

Back on topic, missed the show again this year as storm Doris was playing havoc at home. Does anybody know when Liverpool Lime Street is next exhibiting? Oh and a cheap tree surgeon in the Widnes area?

Liverpool Lime Street will be at :

Utrecht, Holland  November 2017

Doncaster  February 2018

Newcastle  November 2018

Warley NEC  November 2018

Bristol   May 2019

Wigan 2019

Steve.

I would like to agree with all the previous regrading the show. I really enjoyed it and it was certainly worth the trip from Suffolk so my thanks go out to everyone involved. Thank you.

The only downside for me was one particular trader and there attitude towards my friend and me which was disgusting but is is not the place or time to air my grievance, I will speak to them direct.

Another superb show, many thanks to the organisers, exhibitors and traders. It seems unfair to single out layouts after all the effort that every owner, club and operator put in, but my personal favourites were: Mostyn, which took me right back to the summer of 77, Burshaw North Western with its fleet of diesels and electrics (and faultless running), and Elderslie, for a great fleet including pre-grouping stock, and non-stop action. Liverpool Lime Street too is an incredible achievement on a grand scale, although I found it a bit hard to actually see the trains. A word of thanks too for the guidebook, a real quality production. Looking forward to 2018 already

Hello

Thanks to every-one associated with Model Rail Scotland for putting on a great event as usual. A very special thank to Paul Wade for allowing me to be part of the operating team on Tonbridge West Yard which is one of the finest and most inspirational layouts ever built. It was a pleasure and a privilege. Hope to be back next year. 

Cheers

George

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick note to say "Thank You" to the organisers of the show.

The Liverpool Lime Street team had a very enjoyable few days in Glasgow and appreciate very much the kind comments we received from so many visitors.

The layout is home safely again, and will be undergoing more development and maintenance work for the next few months. 

It will then be assembled ready for "Operator Training" prior to the Utrecht show in early November.

pp. John Holden and all the team.

[snip]

I was also glad to see Ketton Cement - having followed its construction online - which was awarded third place by show judges .....

[snip]

Cheers

Ben A.

Could you (or someone) provide a link to the build of Ketton Cement please? I'd like to have a read.

Thanks.

Sam.

• RMweb Gold

Could you (or someone) provide a link to the build of Ketton Cement please? I'd like to have a read.

Thanks.

Sam.

Hi Sam,

Martin has yet to write it up - given the chance!

What Ben is referring to are the postings from Martin either on DEMU Forum or here.

He is in recovery mode after Modelrail, long hours, with little sleep leading up to, during and after the exhibition.

An article should appear in the DEMU Members magazine - UPDate in the near future.

He also has a bucketful of invitations to look at and decide which he is able to take up.

So - it is likely that it will appear at varous locations over the next year or so.

Thanks

Crimsonlake ( unfortunately I don't know your name as you didn't sign )

I am sorry your wife felt embarrassed at the entrance but you have to realise that there have to be some limitations . We will have to publish these better next year .

The " over-zealous female " you mention was in fact the cash office manager . I would imagine the lady in question was nothing but professional in how she treated you and your wife .

I did mention further up this thread that if anyone had any concerns to contact me when at the show ; rather than air problems after the event that we couldn't help with or explain . Sorry you missed the posting .

Hopefully we will see you and your wife again next year and the entry restrictions will have been better advertised .

Thanks and regards

Mike Bartle

Operations Manager

As a carer myself, I would appreciate some advice as to what a "carers card" is? My local authority does not issue one, or know of its existence....they say!

A quick google of the topic suggests there is no National scheme for such a card.

• RMweb Gold

As a carer myself, I would appreciate some advice as to what a "carers card" is? My local authority does not issue one, or know of its existence....they say!

A quick google of the topic suggests there is no National scheme for such a card.

Hi Pete,

The Carers Card or more correctly 'The Carers Emergency Card' seems to be mainly a Scottish feature, though I see that Dorset have a similar system in place.

Local authorities in Scotland will issue a carers cards once a registration form has been processed by them.

Some information here:-

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/downloads/file/1369/carers_emergency_card_registration_form

Thanks

Guest Lyonesse

Hi Sam,

What Ben is referring to are the postings from Martin either on DEMU Forum or here.

He is in recovery mode after Modelrail, long hours, with little sleep leading up to, during and after the exhibition.

An article should appear in the DEMU Members magazine - UPDate in the near future.

He also has a bucketful of invitations to look at and decide which he is able to take up.

So - it is likely that it will appear at varous locations over the next year or so.

Thanks

Still, the intent seems clear enough. The OP thought that last year his wife was admitted free because she is disabled, and he was understandably upset when she was asked to pay full price this year.  But this was a misunderstanding: it was he himself who got in free last year, as his wife's carer.

Thanks.

Sam.

Hi Sam

Phil is indeed correct, I'm still recovering (or having nightmares) from Model Rail Scotland and work is getting really busy but I do intend on creating a blog to document the layouts progress and advertise which shows it will be appearing at.

In the meantime, here is a video on the Model Rail Scotland Facebook page snapped quickly on an iPad.  It doesn't have much detail but shows the size of the layout and progress so far, just ignore me explaining the difference between the DC controlled points and DCC:

https://www.facebook.com/ModelRailScotland/videos/pcb.1471051332908024/1471051156241375/?type=3&theater

Thanks

Martin

Hi Pete,

The Carers Card or more correctly 'The Carers Emergency Card' seems to be mainly a Scottish feature, though I see that Dorset have a similar system in place.

Local authorities in Scotland will issue a carers cards once a registration form has been processed by them.

Some information here:-

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/downloads/file/1369/carers_emergency_card_registration_form

Thanks

Hi, and thank you for that....had noticed the Dorset scheme too!

Pete

Guest Lyonesse

Hi Lyonesse,

I don't mind being quoted, but could you, at least, quote the correct post that relates to your comments?

Thanks

Apologies.  I should have been more careful.  Your comment had nothing to do with what I was replying to.

Thank  you for including a shot of my layout, Fairhaven Road, Jim. I am so pleased to say that the judge of the AMRSS layouts category, Tony Wright, chose it as the 1st prize winner in that category.

I was delighted to see that the Forth Bridge layout won best non-AMRSS layout and also won the separate best in show award.

It was also good to hear from several posts yesterday that Doris Day did not stop the determined from getting to the show!

A worthy winner, Archie.

post-18225-0-53442900-1488530523_thumb.jpg

post-18225-0-03487000-1488530526_thumb.jpg

What swayed my decision in favour of your layout was the perfect running - and it's DCC!

post-18225-0-68232900-1488530520_thumb.jpg

Burntisland was visually-stunning. 

post-18225-0-10053800-1488530528_thumb.jpg

And, another worthy (overall) winner.

Is it really a week ago that we were in Glasgow? Please, convey Mo and my most grateful thanks to Ian and all the organisers for giving us such an enjoyable weekend. 

Without doubt, it's one of the friendliest shows. 

Regards,

Tony. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A worthy winner, Archie.

attachicon.gifFairhaven Road 01.jpg

attachicon.gifFairhaven Road 02.jpg

What swayed my decision in favour of your layout was the perfect running - and it's DCC!

attachicon.gifBurntisland 03.jpg

Burntisland was visually-stunning. 

attachicon.gifForth Bridge 02.jpg

And, another worthy (overall) winner.

Is it really a week ago that we were in Glasgow? Please, convey Mo and my most grateful thanks to Ian and all the organisers for giving us such an enjoyable weekend. 

Without doubt, it's one of the friendliest shows. 

Regards,

Tony. 

Tony, We will be having our Exhibition Committee post-show de-briefing soon and I will be very pleased to pass on your kind comments to the team. And I'm sure you will be pleased to learn that, following what I can only describe as your heartfelt plea......I bought some loco lamps on the Sunday!

Hi Sam,

He is in recovery mode ........

Thanks

Thanks Scottish Modeller.

It was those postings that I was asking for a link to. I tried searching Google & RM Web but no luck.

Now I know its Rammstein2609 I've found this thread: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/120630-ketton-cementish-2mm-finescale/&do=findComment&comment=2645566 (thanks Rammstein) but would still like the DEMU one too please?

Sam.

PS: I hope Martin/Rammstein recovers well & quickly. :-)

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Scottish Modeller.

It was those postings that I was asking for a link to. I tried searching Google & RM Web but no luck.

Now I know its Rammstein2609 I've found this thread: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/120630-ketton-cementish-2mm-finescale/&do=findComment&comment=2645566 (thanks Rammstein) but would still like the DEMU one too please?

Sam.

PS: I hope Martin/Rammstein recovers well & quickly. :-)

Hi Sam,

the DEMU Forum link...

http://www.demu.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19916.0.html

However, unless you are a DEMU member - this will not be accessible as the majority of Forum is members only.

If not a member - why not join?

http://www.demu.org.uk/membership/paypal.php

Thanks

Still, the intent seems clear enough. The OP thought that last year his wife was admitted free because she is disabled, and he was understandably upset when she was asked to pay full price this year.  But this was a misunderstanding: it was he himself who got in free last year, as his wife's carer.

That is the policy which we adopt at Trainwest. If a disabled person visits the show they are asked to pay the usual admission fee. If a carer is needed in order for that person to be able to attend the show, the carer is admitted free of charge.

Geoff Endacott

Archived