Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Whoops, look what's arrived from North Wales, thanks David / Jintyman and Craig / Muddys Blues.

Are you my Daddy? :O  :scratchhead:

post-9335-0-81874400-1530902520_thumb.jpg

Naa Lad, me Windows are different, I don't know who your Dad is

post-9335-0-20927800-1530902603_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-50620400-1530902670_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-80741500-1530902744_thumb.jpg

A short Video will be up later.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13
  • Funny 1

This is what 2 x BIG Bass Reflex Speakers sounds like folks.

It's only 2 min 17 secs, but you'll get the idea.

Best advert for DCC I've seen!

Also makes me want a Rat for Helstonish / Huckford Road.

• Like 6

Best advert for DCC I've seen!

Also makes me want a Rat for Helstonish / Huckford Road.

And Heljan are bringing out the 25/3 soon in both O and OO, I've had Heljan 26 and 27's in OO on Glen Roy and they were the sweetest runners ever. I cannot fault them, 9.9 out of 10.

Edited by Andrew P

Now calm down Andy ....there's been far too much excitement for one day

Yes Martin, I kept diving back outside last night for another look at my new Baby. :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  WOW.  :blum:

I have to say that it's video's like this that make me start to think about sound......

Also, and I'll say this quietly, do an era change to early diesels.....!

Work the layout so I can do both still using the existing steam

Superb.

• Like 2

I have to say that it's video's like this that make me start to think about sound......

Also, and I'll say this quietly, do an era change to early diesels.....!

Work the layout so I can do both still using the existing steam

Superb.

Green or early Blue 22 / 24 / 25 / 33 are nice and small so would fit in well on LM mate. 

A nice 22 on the early morning Milks from the Dairy?

I have an OO 25 with SWD sound and its nice, but the big bass speakers in O Gauge does help with a deeper throatier sound.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Evening Andy,

Just catching up on developments after a few weeks were other things in life have kept me busy!  Glad to see your progressing well with the O gauge!

The WSR and the North Yorkshire Moors are two lines that I would like to travel on, just to see the scenery, providing I could stay awake long enough, hahha.

Totally recommend the NYMR, I maybe biased as I was a working member up there - but 18 miles Pickering to Grosmont - do three round trips in a day, and you really feel like you've travelled somewhere.  Think I've covered over 4,500 miles on the line when I was working on it!  Every trip was different, and loved every minute of it. More now with Whitby of course, but I still think of NYMR as terminating at Grosmont.  Definitely go up and ride the line tho, well worth it, rain or shine.

I've got Rat's in my Shed!!!!!!!

Well to be fair, it's only one, and it hasn't actually arrived yet.

It's a Heljan one, converted to Sound with a Paul Chetter Sound Chip and 2 X very large Bass Reflex Speakers set into a housing facing down, one over each Motor Bogie. Directional head code lighting, directional tail lights and cab lighting in both cabs. Fitted with a driver in each end (No2 end chappie looks like the second man taking a rest!!!!) and snow ploughs.(copied from Davis Post).

And beautifully finished and weathered by David / Jintyman from North Wales. The base Model came to me Via Craig / Muddys Blues on my last visit to Wales in April this year.

So cheers Guys, she looks stunning.

post-14906-0-12754400-1530553014_thumb.j

More pics here on Jinty's Workbench

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115561-jintys-wb-for-7mm/page-33&do=findComment&comment=3219414

Superb mate - Jints has done you proud there, mind you his weathering is just outstanding!  Really need to get mine out of its box and give it a run!!  

Keep up the good work and progress, but remember to take it steady. :)

Rich

• Like 1

Morning Andy ...Jinty has done a super job on the 'Rat' looks and sounds amazing ...you do realise that rats do tend to breed so be careful what gender you next purchase is other wise you might get an infestation in TOPS... :jester:

Morning Andy ...Jinty has done a super job on the 'Rat' looks and sounds amazing ...you do realise that rats do tend to breed so be careful what gender you next purchase is other wise you might get an infestation in TOPS... :jester:

There is another one due, end of this year or early next I hope, then they can start to have a proper breeding program for little Rats, hahha.

For some reason, I photographed a pair of newish Rats on a returning Llandudno-Stoke in 1965, but I generally avoided diesels in those days. It was a different matter on a diesel railway and I followed them from 1976 until their demise on the last day. So modelling-wise, the temptation would be to have a blue-era funny hour.

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 2

For some reason, I photographed a pair of newish Rats on a returning Llandudno-Stoke in 1965, but I generally avoided diesels in those days. It was a different matter on a diesel railway and I followed them from 1976 until their demise on the last day. So modelling-wise, the temptation would be to have a blue-era funny hour.

That's my excuse Larry, Pen will be primarily Steam, Pannier's, Prairies, and the Jinty, but on occasions when I get the URGE, the Blue Rat and the Black 08 / 13003 will make an appearance just to have a shunt about.

I need / want  / desire, a couple of Minerva Gunpowder Vans now for the Rats to play with.

BTW, did you see that Heljan are bringing out a 25 / 3 in OO? I had Heljan 26 and 27's in OO when I had Glen Roy, and they were so quiet and smooth.

• Like 1