Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Hi Andy.

Liked the video on the sig na trak system and if I had known about it earlier I would have given it consideration for Ramchester. It certainly liiks easy to use and a lot easier to understand than my current ECoS system.

Your Panier looks really great too - wrong region for me but great.

Rod

It's a lovely RTR loco Andy, I have the early 57xx version. Just a small word of warning, the filler cap handles are a little on the flimsy side ( as I found out ) but t a quick call to Mr K and he didn't hesitate to send me a couple more replacements within a few days.

Excellent customer service.

Will you be posting a short vid when you've fitted the sound ? I'd certainly be very interested to hear it.

Oh! One more thing,which you may have found is that the rear sand box caps are very tight on the rear steps when removing the body.

A really nice loco overall.

Grahame

p.s. Sorry, meant to start by saying that I hope you are feeling much better now, all the very best :)

Grahame

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

I really like that Pannier! Looks very smart and I bet sounds good now too.

Thanks Scott, she is a beauty and I'll do a Sound Video after the weekend but if you want to see her in action on our Clubs Layout a while ago, alas pre Sound fitted, then here is the Video of that.

• Like 6

Hi Andy.

Liked the video on the sig na trak system and if I had known about it earlier I would have given it consideration for Ramchester. It certainly liiks easy to use and a lot easier to understand than my current ECoS system.

Your Panier looks really great too - wrong region for me but great.

Rod

Thanks Rod, there will be some pics of the Jinty up shortly, and new Video up in a few days of the Jinty.

But in the meantime here are two Videos of the Jinty, firstly Shunting on PS and the running on our Clubs Dornoch Branch.

• Like 4

It's a lovely RTR loco Andy, I have the early 57xx version. Just a small word of warning, the filler cap handles are a little on the flimsy side ( as I found out ) but t a quick call to Mr K and he didn't hesitate to send me a couple more replacements within a few days.

Excellent customer service.

Will you be posting a short vid when you've fitted the sound ? I'd certainly be very interested to hear it.

Oh! One more thing,which you may have found is that the rear sand box caps are very tight on the rear steps when removing the body.

A really nice loco overall.

Grahame

p.s. Sorry, meant to start by saying that I hope you are feeling much better now, all the very best :)

Grahame

Hi Grahame, Thanks, I'm getting a little stronger by the day, and trying NOT to over do things.

I will do a Video of the Pannier on PS in a few days, so keep your eyes peeled for that. Tomorrow I will do a Shunting session with the Pannier and take some pics as well as the Video.

Yes I know about the Sandbox pipes, I had been re warned about them when I first got it. It's so nice to have a Loco that comes apart and then goes back together easily without breaking bits off. I do agree that the two Chris's do give an excellent service.

• RMweb Premium

Mr P

Are you sure you are up to being out on TOPS in this weather? Your heart rate increases in the cold just trying to keep the vital organs warm, at the same time the extremities shut down. Both these actions make your heart work harder. 

Mr P

Are you sure you are up to being out on TOPS in this weather? Your heart rate increases in the cold just trying to keep the vital organs warm, at the same time the extremities shut down. Both these actions make your heart work harder. 

Thanks for the warning Clive, I put the heater on about half hour before I went out there, and then after half an hour out there  I was getting to hot, with my Woolly jumper, Fleece, and Body Warmer. I will be careful though.

Mr P

Thanks for the warning Clive, I put the heater on about half hour before I went out there, and then after half an hour out there  I was getting to hot, with my Woolly jumper, Fleece, and Body Warmer. I will be careful though.

Seriously Clive, I'll take heed of your warning, It has been cold going in and out, and for the first 15 minutes out there.

Cheers mate.

Edited by Andrew P

Nice to see you are just pottering about in small sessions, an hour now again wont hurt, just keep having coffee breaks and a little snooze a few times in the day, looking forward to seeing PS in a couple of weeks when l visit..

I have some of these! You won't be disappointed even if they are of no particular prototype.

I also have a Slaters version

Paul R

Thanks Paul, I have the Express one in Blue as well, and for the Shunting Puzzle it's another nice addition to the fleet.

If / when I decide to build another BLT like Trebudoc, I will include a Dairy for extra traffic.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ambulance to Burton 3 am Thursday morning, Blues and Two's within an Hour to Stoke, strait in to pre opp where the Staff and Professor Nolan https://www.keele.ac.uk/istm/staff/jamesnolan/ were Gowned up and ready for me, and into Theatre with in 15 minutes of arrival.

Just arrived home and resting.

Woww....Just logged on to continue read one of the most interesting threads (for me at least) after being almost bed ridden since end of January (Cellulitus and Sepsis) and found out about your HA, bit of a shock but plenty glad you seem to be recovering well and have had a great Consultant (Prof Nolan), my Son has been at Keele and Stoke for the past 7 years and just passed his finals and upon chatting with him last night he knows the Prof and says you could not have been in better hands.......AND FOLLOW POST INSTRUCTIONS!  :rtfm:    :derisive:

Most of us never do, my Son has been moaning at me since Jan about what to do and how to recover and keep well.

Anyway, happy your bouncing back and look forward to reading more about these famous exploits in the shed...........inspiration for all of us I reckon.

Edited by boxbrownie

Woww....Just logged on to continue read one of the most interesting threads (for me at least) after being almost bed ridden since end of January (Cellulitus and Sepsis) and found out about your HA, bit of a shock but plenty glad you seem to be recovering well and have had a great Consultant (Prof Nolan), my Son has been at Keele and Stoke for the past 7 years and just passed his finals and upon chatting with him last night he knows the Prof and says you could not have been in better hands.......AND FOLLOW POST INSTRUCTIONS!  :rtfm:    :derisive:

Most of us never do, my Son has been moaning at me since Jan about what to do and how to recover and keep well.

Anyway, happy your bouncing back and look forward to reading more about these famous exploits in the shed...........inspiration for all of us I reckon.

Hi David, Sorry to hear about your problems with the Cellulitus and Sepsis, I do hope your making a good recovery and doing as your told.

I didn't do as I was told to start with, as there was no scar on my chest because it was done through my wrist I thought I was fine. Little did I realise how much work had gone on inside, so now I'm resting more.

Clive M ( Ex Nurse) said I should stay out of the cold, and TBH that session on PS last week really knocked me in the evening, I felt I'd stayed out in the Shed for to long, so now I'm waiting until this cold spell has gone before venturing outside again.

Thanks for your kind words of support, and about the thread,  I hope it will resume in the not to distant future.

Keep well mate.

Cheers.

Low and behold, it came to pass that I found my Mojo today, it was in the cupboard with the vacuum cleaner, and I don't go in there much. :O  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Anyway I had a couple of hours in TOPS.  I needed to try out the Sig Natrack Controller and A Video is being down loaded, and should be ready in an hour or three, in the meantime, here are some pics.

post-9335-0-66245100-1520697088_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-69928400-1520697151_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-54213500-1520697209_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-73540900-1520697395_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-75203700-1520697467_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

YEY !

Glad to see you're progressing Andy, not certain about that vacuum cleaning business, far too much like hard work mate ! Just rest and play operate the layout far better for your recuperation.

I couldn't help but see the 7 of Hearts has A.Bramley stuck on it, are you planning a Cider Siding too ?

ATB

Rosie ( Cider with )

• Like 1

YEY !

Glad to see you're progressing Andy, not certain about that vacuum cleaning business, far too much like hard work mate ! Just rest and play operate the layout far better for your recuperation.

I couldn't help but see the 7 of Hearts has A.Bramley stuck on it, are you planning a Cider Siding too ?

ATB

Rosie ( Cider with )

The Book I was given when I left Hospital said Don't do hoovering Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

There will be no Cider Siding on PS, and if I do get to build a larger O Gauge Layout in a U Shape around the Shed, the BLT will hopefully have a Dairy for the tanks. and maybe a Looading Dock for some Cider etc.

I saw a man with a big AXE looking at KM this afternoon. :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :secret:  :yes:  :cry:  :cry:  :yahoo:

• Like 2

Love that fish van! I can imagine there is something quite theroputic about shunting trucks in O gauge that you don't get in OO.

Yes, that's what I enjoyed about both St Budoc and Trebbudoc.

Video almost done.

Can't think of a better way to pass an hour or two....nice one Andy.

Thanks mate, and the beauty is, I didn't even have to get off my a**. :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :sarcastichand:

Edited by Andrew P