Great Western Railway Journal No 101

Neal Ball

Having just spoken to Titfield Thunderbolt (the shop not the train in case anyone is questioning my sanity) it is apparently due imminently.

So we'll wait and see

Thats something, I suppose!

At least it gives time to issue a GWR style "Late, Please Explain" notice......

• RMweb Premium

Just spoken to Cygnet, they are hoping to get the magazines into their office next Tuesday (20th Dec) with them being posted out from there.

Issue 101 is then due at the end of January and I was assured would catch up the schedule at that point.

Regards,

Just spoken to Cygnet, they are hoping to get the magazines into their office next Tuesday (20th Dec) with them being posted out from there.

Issue 101 is then due at the end of January and I was assured would catch up the schedule at that point.

Regards,

Next one on time?

Good God, they'll be having a website next! :)

• RMweb Gold

Yoho ho - GWJ No.100 arrived at Alton Model Centre today about 10 minutes before I got there and was duly unpacked and 'entered on the system' before my very eyes with my copy duly making its way into the bag of goodies I brought home.

Somewhat perversely considering the issue number the centrepiece is a three page fold-out of drawings and a photo; not of No.100 but of No.111  :O 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yoho ho - GWJ No.100 arrived at Alton Model Centre today about 10 minutes before I got there and was duly unpacked and 'entered on the system' before my very eyes with my copy duly making its way into the bag of goodies I brought home.

Somewhat perversely considering the issue number the centrepiece is a three page fold-out of drawings and a photo; not of No.100 but of No.111  :O 

What else is in it Mike?

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mike, I guess mine is now delayed in the Christmas post!

Looking at the contents, it does make you wonder what in there was sufficient to delay the printing by 2 months.

What hasn't been reported is that this issue marks the standing down of John Copsey as editor, together with other comments about the journal both past and present.

Once the current "subscription cycle" is completed, it will be going over to a more "book like" production produced on a less frequent basis.

As far as reasons for delay go, illness played a part I think, but also considering future options for the journal. At least with the new arrangements nobody will have dates to worry about.

End of an era really, and one hell of an achievement too.

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah, possibly an Annual, then? (A bit like the old BRILL "Summer Specials".)

I'd really hope it would be a bit more frequent than that. How often does the Southern Way come out?

• RMweb Premium

I'd really hope it would be a bit more frequent than that. How often does the Southern Way come out?

Hopefully with say 2 editions per year we will get to see a complete article and not one that is spread over 3 - 4 or more editions.

• RMweb Premium

That's a shame, I really enjoy the magazine, when it arrives.

Although I am surprised that some of the longer articles were never thought of worthy of going into their own book.

Does MRJ suffer with the same delays?

Is the start of all of their magazines being wound down I wonder. Again I hope not.

What's issue 100 called? Is it Autumn, Late Autumn, Bl00dy Late Autumn, Early Winter or "Bet you thought you were never going to get this!"

I did double take when I saw it labelled "autumn" and had to check the issue number... fortunately the large pristine pile in Ian Allen was a give away it was the new issue

• RMweb Gold

For information and clarification, from the Autumn 2016 Issue number 100 and verbatim:

Publishers Notice

We plan to end the publication of Great Western Railway Journal as a quarterly magazine at issue 103. Thereafter we may publish the occasional special.

For information and clarification, from the Autumn 2016 Issue number 100 and verbatim:

Publishers Notice

We plan to end the publication of Great Western Railway Journal as a quarterly magazine at issue 103. Thereafter we may publish the occasional special.

What if anything is going to replace it? Bookazines? Surely there is still plenty of content.