Great Western Railway Journal No 101

Neal Ball

Time for issue 102 now ? :sungum:

Keith.

And true to form the April publishing date has moved into the guess a date zone. I have seen on the web end of May, can anyone confirm?

Best wishes,

GBMRG

At a guess we'll know when someone posts that their subscription copy has arrived or someone spots it in Smiffs. This will then prompt a rush to said store.

Or maybe this is what they meant when they said "occasional" publication.

... Or maybe this is what they meant when they said "occasional" publication.

Going on that, publication of the GWRJ has always been more or less "occasional"....  :jester:

It'll be there when it's there!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

GWJ 102 arrived in the shop today, so will now be going out to subscribers, other outlets and even WH Smiths branches.

Apart from finishing off Snow Hill, Newbury and Castles in traffic, there is a very informative article on Collet bow ended coaches, with good drawings included - It'll be missed when its gone.

I'll be bringing a good few to Railex at Aylesbury this coming weekend..

Simon

Edited by Not Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So sad that no other organisation have not taken over this publication, it could have had a bright future in the right hands.

I think it was uniquely Wild Swan; no other publisher could have carried it off with such panache to the extent that even its lateness became a trademark.

The bright future is only as good as its contributors, and once they have run out of things to contribute.....

I think it was uniquely Wild Swan; no other publisher could have carried it off with such panache to the extent that even its lateness became a trademark.

The bright future is only as good as its contributors, and once they have run out of things to contribute.....

More likely run out of contributers

So sad that no other organisation have not taken over this publication, it could have had a bright future in the right hands.

Keith

but there is to be a new magazine starting in September. See: https://www.mainlineandmaritime.co.uk/pages/welcome-to-the-new-home-of-all-things-great-western

I guess not exactly GWRJ, more GW Echo* perhaps

Martin

* the GWSoc's quarterly magazine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...