Revolution offers HOA stone hopper as next modernwagon in N

Revolution Ben

66059 on 6M89, 13:39, Middleton Towers - Arpley - for Quinn glass at Ince (near Helsby)

Here's the train on 15 October at Little Downham

66068 on 6M89, 13:39, Middleton Towers - Arpley Sidings (21:05) - loaded sand (23)

attachicon.gifDAS692055.JPG

I photographed every wagon if anyone is interested.

Great photo. Really shows up the ripples in the side sheets. Now that is a challenge for the modeller.:-)

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave

I'd be interested as I'm putting together some sample rakes to go on our website!

Cheers, Mike

I've been photographing them since they started on the service (6L39/M43), only missed a few workings (as in I've got photos of either L39 or M43 or both) in the last 6 months - not all the photos are marvellous as it does pass me at 60mph loaded and 75 mph empty - what do you need ? numbers and/or photos ?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I've been photographing them since they started on the service (6L39/M43), only missed a few workings (as in I've got photos of either L39 or M43 or both) in the last 6 months - not all the photos are marvellous as it does pass me at 60mph loaded and 75 mph empty - what do you need ? numbers and/or photos ?

Thanks Dave - numbers and livery if possible, but if easier for you to post photos then I'm happy to note down numbers and liveries from them!

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

The expressions of interest form for the N gauge HOAs is now live: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/hoa-aggregates-hopper-wagon/hoa-expressions-interest/

If you have any problems with it not viewing correctly on a mobile device you can try going direct to the form here: https://goo.gl/forms/yb62PfN5R2ksrbvq1

Please make sure you go to the end of the survey to submit your expression of interest.

Any problems please let me know!

Cheers, Mike

PS as Ben mentioned, once we have delivered our first OO model ie the TEA tank then we will look at offering the HOA in OO.

Edited by red death
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave

The sand working to Irvine photo shows as 66044 on 6L98 to Middleton Towers.  The date Feb 15th 2007 passing March.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Here's an email from that date (sent to a Gen group)

Saw EWS Class 66/0 No. 66044 at March today (Middleton Towers bound) with brand new HOAs Nos. 320002/30-9/45. I assume that these have taken over from the 'Gunnells' on the Irvine sand flow for WBB Minerals?

However the only flows I can find are the still active Barnaby Dunn, Monk Bretton and Goole so possibly a typo (the poster was a member of REX staff at the time so the error (if it was) would be proliferated)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ha ha - found it !

6S88, T/ThO, 16:17, Middleton Towers - Ayr Harbour loaded sand.

And now I have the headcode I've found this email on 6 March - again to a gen group.

Currently 320000-320058 (except 320044/47/48/53/57) in Pool 3045 which is "Stud Farm Various Aggregate" 

A set of 18 is currently working 6V76 02:45 Stud Farm-Hayes which then does

6A30 15:23 Hayes-Acton and then either back to Stud Farm or to Marks Tey for reloading.  There are five spare at Hayes, where the maintenance is carried out.  These have replaced the PGA/HGA types that were on these services previously.

A rake of 14 from this pool worked Middleton Towers to Ayr on 6S88 27/02.

• Like 1

Guest eddie reffin

Thanks Dave

Sadly there seems to be a lack of other pictures of this flow -however short it must have been. The headcode 6S88 then became used for the pipe trains (BTAs and small pipes)

Cheers

Eddie

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Dave

Sadly there seems to be a lack of other pictures of this flow -however short it must have been. The headcode 6S88 then became used for the pipe trains (BTAs and small pipes)

Cheers

Eddie

Looks to have lasted around 6 months, but may have been sporadic during that time.

• RMweb Premium

I alrea

Hi Dave

The sand working to Irvine photo shows as 66044 on 6L98 to Middleton Towers.  The date Feb 15th 2007 passing March.

cheers

Ben A.

I already have 66044. Just need the wagons.........

:locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Will there be a map showing where the different liveries may be found à la the TEA tankers?

Hi there,

I also did maps for the KFA and 321s.

I am working on a map for the HOAs but while the terminals and quarries are relatively straightforward there are so many that determining the routes used is proving difficult.

I will do my best but the map will probably not be exhaustive...

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

The maps and sample consists are really useful when considering expressions of interest so looking forward to seeing them.

I wonder did you see an uplift in expressions of interest for the TEAs once you'd posted the maps and consists?

Regards

John

• RMweb Gold

Hi John,

Not that we noticed, but I think that where appropriate they are a good idea. Certainly for the HOAs we are going to produce a consists diagram and hopefully a map too.

Having said that, so far sign ups are going at an even faster rate than the TEAs - there is clearly a lot of interest in this wagon!

Cheers

Ben A.

I'm quite surprised by that. Not because it's not a great choice, just expected a narrower appeal than the TEAs. Testament to your market awareness though!

Hi Gang,

I also suspect that after delivering the TEAs to budget and in an agreeable timescale, people are more readily willing to commit hard earned funds to something they know WILL happen should it reach the critical mass. And when it does happen, there is already a benchmark to judge the quality against...

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I have added a route map and a downloadable PDF on our website here showing some example consists for the HOA hopper wagons we are planning.  We did this with the TEA wagons and it proved very popular.

This is a small selection of some of the consists:

post-420-0-57708400-1480804369_thumb.jpg

I should add a small health warning:  These hoppers have seen service across the network, and the latest VTG ones are seemingly being introduced into a new flow every week.  Similarly, some of the flows appear to have been short-lived and may not be running at this time.

Nonetheless, I hope it provides some assistance to those unsure whether the hoppers are "right" for them; or those looking for an excuse to run them.  Not that we need one of course!

The response to this model has been exceptionally good, and the sooner we reach our "minimum order" level the sooner we can proceed to tooling.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 4