Revolution offers HOA stone hopper as next modernwagon in N

Revolution Ben

Some of the Mendip ones got attacked by the spray cans before they'd even worked a service. They got done in London whilst stabled on part of the delivery journey. One has an interesting cartoon of a crocodile spraying some graffiti. It's a good cartoon, just a shame it's on a wagon not in a book.

I can now confirm Mendip HOAs definitely have made it to Stud Farm, there's one at work that's been green carded at Stud Farm, so good for Midland Main Line modellers too!

Jo

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I was surprised how clean and undented the wagons were - not even any graffiti!

Cheers

Ben A.

Soon sort that - just park them up at Bescot overnight...............

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks for the reminder Jo!

As Jo says, expressions of interest in the N gauge HOA will end tomorrow (31 Jan).  Interest to date has been fantastic and the project will be going ahead, but it is always useful to see which liveries people are most interested in as it allows us to make decisions on the number of livery options we can offer.  Expressions of interest come with no financial commitment but we really do appreciate the information.

Expressions of interest form here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/hoa-aggregates-hopper-wagon/hoa-expressions-interest/

Cheers, Mike

Thanks for the reminder Jo!

As Jo says, expressions of interest in the N gauge HOA will end tomorrow (31 Jan).  Interest to date has been fantastic and the project will be going ahead, but it is always useful to see which liveries people are most interested in as it allows us to make decisions on the number of livery options we can offer.  Expressions of interest come with no financial commitment but we really do appreciate the information.

Expressions of interest form here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/hoa-aggregates-hopper-wagon/hoa-expressions-interest/

Cheers, Mike

I'm hoping (although my wallet isn't) you then proceed with OO gauge version :-)

regards,

Darryl

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Ben & Mike

Really glad the expressions of interest have been so positive. When do you anticipate opening the shop for orders?

Cheers,

Ged

Hi Ged,

Good question. At the moment we have been focussed on getting the Pendolinos into production, and preparing to close the order book for the 00 TEA tankers.

However, we will be opening the order book for the HOA hoppers very soon, and hoping to show the first CAD drawings soon after.

Thanks for the support.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

A favour: Does anyone have any shots looking right down into these wagons (when they are empty!) from above? We have a slight question mark over the configuration of the centre baffles/discharge doors and it would be helpful to see a photograph!

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben, I didn't see anymore but not finished all of the camera folders yet although did find some IIA and HTA inside photos. I saw a rather poorly looking HOA in the sidings at Peak Forest the other day with no buffers or couplings at one end! Poor wagon.

Cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks, those are really useful. As soon as I receive finalised CADs - hopefully in the next couple of weeks - I will put up some images here.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

I saw a rather poorly looking HOA in the sidings at Peak Forest the other day with no buffers or couplings at one end!

Nice to know there's a prototype for when I drop stock...

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul

Thanks for the pics you have posted.  The layout of the internal strengthening fillets on the sides is particularly useful, as the drawings we have do not appear to show these. Maybe added during, or even after, construction and we do not have amended drawings.

cheers

Ben A.

I must take more internal views of wagons from the bridge... I must take more... lol. Mind you not seen any HOAs being shunted into Cemex just lately mostly HTA rakes apart from the JGAs that turned up the other week.