Bachmann/TMC 22T Double Bolster and Plate Wagons

Garethp8873

• 2 weeks later...

Which May?

Mike.

I'd like to promise it will be this decade. All we can confirm is May...

Jokes aside we can indeed confirm it will be May this year. Long awaited, but we think they are worth the wait. In fact we can't wait! 

• Like 3

Hi.

Are the descriptions for each model on your website as the descriptions that were in the article briefly featured in the recent "BRM visits" video about you on here?  I guess it was maybe the Bachmann collectors club magazine?  That looked very useful in explaining the differences.

Might be worth posting it on here as well, so all the info can be read with the relevant pictures in one go?  And therefore help people decide which ones they want, as otherwise the choice is a bit bewildering! 

What about a tabulation of the differences, as Hattons Barclay tanks?  e.g.  Sides - riveted or welded, axlebox types etc?

Certainly look good.

attachicon.gif38-826Z.jpg

Plate and Double Bolster Wagons

We now have a confirmed delivery delivery date of May 2018 for our Plate and Bolster wagons. Pre orders are coming in fast so in order to guarantee them in the livery you desire make sure you pre order. We're only doing small runs of each livery. 

Here is a list of the different guises they will be available in:

View the range here

• RMweb Gold

Jokes aside we can indeed confirm it will be May this year. Long awaited, but we think they are worth the wait. In fact we can't wait! 

I was obviously being somewhat flippant, but based my comment on the fact that in another announcement, for the tank wagons, you specify May 2018!

Mike.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, and good morning. I notice that Bolster 32-825Z is listed as being in brown - were any of this built as, or modified to be, vacuum braked or piped? 

Many Thanks,

Andy 

I don't think any Double-Bolsters with either fitted or piped from new; later, after they joined the ranks of standard Plates, some did receive vacuum brakes. However, for a while in the 1960s, some unfitted wagons received a repaint in 'Freight Brown', rendering them difficult to distinguish from fitted vehicles. There is a photo somewhere (either in one of Larkin's albums, or on Paul Bartlett's site, IIRC) of a 'Plate' so finished.

You still hoping to get your Double Bolsters this month? Really looking forward to seeing the LMSR and LNER versions in the flesh on my layout... :)

You still hoping to get your Double Bolsters this month? Really looking forward to seeing the LMSR and LNER versions in the flesh on my layout... :)

Shame they are doing only the Bolster in those liveries. Why no Plate wagons in either livery ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone, they have docked at Bachmann and are being 'Processed' we could have them as early as Tuesday/Wednesday but we think the 20th will be worst case scenario. Very exciting and we will begin dispatching them as soon as possible. 

We have had a small snag with a couple of models, however. A couple of inaccuracies were spotted late on, on two of the models [38-856Z and 38-851Z]. As such these models have had to be completely remanufactured and will be on the next container and estimated arrival is the end of August into early September. Luckily this didn't effect whole range, as further delays would have been very frustrating. So all we can do is apologise on behalf of Bachmann, however we all agreed that their quality and accuracy outweighed the need to rush them or deliver an inferior product. 

If you've pre-ordered and not made payment yet then by all means contact us to do so, as orders that are paid for will most likely be dispatched first. 

Best regards, 

TMC

• Like 1

My WINKLE arrived today - (who's a lucky boy then)! Very nice indeed - though it's a Scottish Region example.

I will be relettering and renumbering mine as the final one of the series which, along with one other, actually carried the designation WINKLE.

I am wondering whether to produce a sheet of transfers for all of the departmental versions of the PLATE - David Larkin recorded all of the original markings / allocations.

The departmental wagons were only originally allocated to the LMR and ScR - though some did migrate further afield later.

If you would be interested in buying a sheet of transfers for the departmental wagons, please PM me.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

https://www.cctrans.org.uk/

Unpacked and I am certainly impressed with TMC/Bachmann's new entry to the RTR wagon market. An absolutely excellent wagon :)

Just a note to say that I have already completed the design of a transfer sheet for relettering / renumbering the S&T PLATE / WINKLE version, which includes all of the wagons allocated to the LMR; I am about to start work on a second sheet for the ScR allocated wagons.

Once that is completed, I will design relettering / renumbering sheets for all of the BR steam / early diesel era versions of the PLATE and twin BOLSTER wagons that have been produced by TMC / Bachmann.

I will post again here when these new sheets appear on my web-site.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

https://www.cctrans.org.uk/

• Like 7