January Hornby magazine and Hornby catalogue

DougN

Well I usually have to wait a while as it takes a couple of weeks to get to me here in Australia. It will be nice if the catalogue comes out in the news agents which it does at time here in Aus. I keep forgetting to go and check the news agents when up at the local shops. But I needn't worry for about 6 weeks as it usually come out at the end of the month that it was dated(rather than in the uk where it comes out before the month it is dated)

I can confirm that Hornby Magazine are aware of the issue regarding the catalogue with respect to exisiting subscribers both printed and digital and there will be a solution offered to enable them to obtain the Hornby catalogue accordingly.

.. and are you still able to confirm this? Now that the digital edition of February is outside it is clear nothing is happening in this regard.

• RMweb Gold

I can not confirm that their solutiuon was / is going to be, I can only confirm that I made them aware of the issue at Warley and they were going to look at sorting something but perhaps they haven't...

The February Hornby Magazine was available at W H Smith at Swanage today. There was no sign of a combined offer for the magazine and the Hornby 2017 catalogue. The lady at the till did not know anything about it so I had a wasted walk in the rain and W H Smith lost a sale.

I could not find anything on the Hornby website about the combined offer and the website showed that the Hornby 2017 catalogue was not available.

Went to W H Smith in Swansea this morning and the February magazine and the Hornby catalogue were in stock. I expected to see some packs with Hornby Mag and the Hornby catalogue packed together but there were none. I took both items to the checkout and explained about the offer and the very helpful lady scanned them both and it came up with a price of £9.90 for the two. So there we are. 

Anybody received their February issue yet? Did it come with the catalogue?

Feb issue arrived on Wednesday, alas no catalogue.

While on the subject of the February issue of the Hornby Magazine, there is an item on Rolling Stock Detailing.  The one that interested me was on detailing the Railroad Costi Boilered 9F bottom of page 45.   It is suggested that a detailing pack from the Duke of Gloucester is used to add some detailing to the 9F.   Oh dear!    Hornby's spares website states that this part is out of stock, along with Peter's spares and various other stockists of Hornby Spares.   In my experience in obtaining Hornby spares that when the spare is shown as out of stock then there will be no more made until the model is re-issued.   In the case of the D-O-G I think that this will be highly unlikely as it is a one off locomotive.

• RMweb Premium

I just had an email come through for my digital subscription. Has a discount code in it to get the Catalogue for £5.50 with free postage within the UK. Overseas post at cost. Shame I'd already ordered mine from Hattons on Monday, but with VAT removed anyway or cost around the same.

I just had an email come through for my digital subscription. Has a discount code in it to get the Catalogue for £5.50 with free postage within the UK. Overseas post at cost. Shame I'd already ordered mine from Hattons on Monday, but with VAT removed anyway or cost around the same.

IMHO that offer is as stupid as offering a blind man a pair of spectacles. They should be offering digital subscribers a digital version of the catalogue. Hardly an expensive thing to do.

I also struggle to understand / accept the concept of paying a supplier to get their advertising material, but that's a different issue entirely.

• RMweb Premium

I got my subscription issue yesterday and the address label had an offer on the back for the catalogue for £5.50 post free. I am not interested in the catalogue so did not bother to keep the paperwork.

En route to a WHS on the way home to buy the mag/cat combo. Hope it's there....

Any luck? There were four copies of the catalogue in both City Thameslink and St Albans station stores today.

Future publishing have the combined offer for £9.90 and free post on their website for anyone who has missed out:

http://shop.keypublishing.com/product/View/productCode/HMCATBUNDLE/Hornby%202017%20Catalogue/HM%20issue%20116%20BUNDLE

As a non-subscriber, I will be looking into the local shops to see if any have the catalogue offer.....

Due out tomorrow, Thursday 12th January....

No Catalogues in Morrisons....so I certainly didn't buy Hornby Magazine from there! ;)

(But did buy Railway Modeller!)

I hope to get to a WHS sometime this month! ;)

Well, last Wednesday I visited WHS Chester.

Yes, plenty of Hornby Catalogues next to plenty of Hornby Magazines.....BUT no sign of any signage about the "deal"....

A funny way to do business I think....

I wonder how many other offers are available that we know nothing about? :scratchhead:

How many potential customers have missed out I wonder....

OR how many potential Hornby Catalogue sales on the back of Hornby Magazine sales have been lost?

Archived