Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

In that case can I return it  !   :jester:

Seriously, that's a shame - perhaps a missed opportunity, especially with 6 function outputs available per car. After having a quick look at the function mapping on the Lokprog, I have a couple of ideas which hopefully should allow each car to have it's own tail light switch via separate F keys.  That's the plan, but it remains to be seen if the wiring may also require altering to achieve this ?  It would then allow for no lights between multi coupled units, with only lights at the front and rear. If it all goes pear shaped then there's always CV8 -  nothing ventured - nothing gained...................

The added realism with DCC, especially sound, is a superb addition to the hobby, as are working lights but my bug bear is seeing trains with the loco tail lights still on! Arggh! I'm not going to criticise the 156 [ even though I haven't received mine yet Charlie! ] but I for one hope that this situation is rectified in forthcoming new models. So, let the manufactures know.

I'm off for a brew :O 

• RMweb Premium

The added realism with DCC, especially sound, is a superb addition to the hobby, as are working lights but my bug bear is seeing trains with the loco tail lights still on! Arggh! I'm not going to criticise the 156 [ even though I haven't received mine yet Charlie! ] but I for one hope that this situation is rectified in forthcoming new models. So, let the manufactures know.

I'm off for a brew :O

If running DCC could you give the cars separate addresses and then run as a consist. Then the lights would be independent for each car.

• RMweb Gold

If running DCC could you give the cars separate addresses and then run as a consist. Then the lights would be independent for each car.

But on DCC sound you would lose all the smart sounds and lights I guess, such as local door opening, main doors opening, beeper going...

Roy

When i recieve mine with a lok programner I should be able to turn the rear lights on the front car and the headlights off on the rear car in the settings for each decoder.

GLASGOW COLLECTIONS

Please could any customer who want a Class 156 for Glasgow 'PLEASE' pre-order it on the Website as we might run out!!!!!!

The Website will show postage BUT if when ordered you E.Mail charlie@dckits.co.uk with the order number then this will be reserved for personal collection at the show. 

ALSO Don't order and pay by PAYPAL as you 'Will' be charged postage and it costs us to Credit You, so no refunds will be done on the payment if paypal is used.  If you use your Credit or Debit card the payment less the postage will be taken just before the show.

Thank you all.  Doing this will save you asking for a model we have sold out of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie & Arran

Edited by charliepetty

I'm still waiting for my Barbie one to be sent out/arrive but if its anywhere near as good as the Spotrail one I have then it will have been worth the wait :)

PM me with your full details please.  to Charlie@dckits.co.uk

I'm still waiting for my spotty Scotrail one. I suspect it is taking a long time to fit all of the decoders! Just have to be patient.

I'm still waiting for my Barbie one to be sent out/arrive but if its anywhere near as good as the Spotrail one I have then it will have been worth the wait :)

Edited by charliepetty

Charlie,

Does that mean that all original pre-orders have now been dispatched for all variants?  As above, I'm still awaiting my DCC Sound Barbie one, which I e-mailed you about last week as my card was charged just before Christmas, but I was always aware that it may be one of the last ones to be dispatched as you'd always indicated that the Abellio ones would be first and the sound fitted models would be last.

Charlie,

I’ve got 2 barbie and two ScotRails on order with you, on two seperate orders from the time of the original announcement, which you still haven’t debited my credit card for... i’ll PM some details to you....

Tonight’s job:

Modifying the H*#%$¥ one to be coupled up to and pulled round by the awesome Realtrack one!

The coupling and socket were robbed off a Bachmann OTA timber wagon. I swapped the axles in the Hornby Motor to allow it to freewheel... Edited by WHLtractors

Spent a few hours today adding a second speaker to one car of my Barbie 156 not only has the fuel tank been designed for a speaker the metal chassis part even has a pre-drilled hole for the wiring and recesses to route the wiring under the seating part - now that is impressive !

It's tricky getting it all back together, care has to taken when handling else small parts get knocked off...

Very pleased with the improved sound quality when the original is directly compared to the twin speaker car, should be awesome once both cars are done...
I'll add some photos shortly...

Ken

Edit:  More info and photos here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/120584-the-northern-lights-wb/page-2&do=findComment&comment=3011632

Edited by tractor_37260