Colas locomotive 37099 named ‘Merl Evans 1947 – 2016’

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I thought the was the chap holding the curtain with glasses.

Incidentally when 099 was first preserved it was on the mid Norfolk for a short period before moving to the north Norfolk where the engine was removed so the generator could be repaired.

Unfortunately politics got in the way and it moved to toddington . It has a complete train heat boiler back then

. It has a complete train heat boiler back then

The train heating boiler was made operative while at Todd but never certified for use. Not sure if it still retains it but doubling up with 37025 and having a steam heat hauled tour would no doubt do well.

What a superb photograph Jim, thanks for sharing.

Bachmann have to release this one - it should sell like hot Cakes!

Will go well with the 3 Colas 37s I have already (2 are my own resprays) - not to mention my 4 56s, 2 66s and 3 class 60s!!

Do you think I have an obsession?

John

• RMweb Gold

What a superb photograph Jim, thanks for sharing.

Bachmann have to release this one - it should sell like hot Cakes!

Will go well with the 3 Colas 37s I have already (2 are my own resprays) - not to mention my 4 56s, 2 66s and 3 class 60s!!

Do you think I have an obsession?

John

wot no 47 or 70?

im not quite as bad as you (i think) 2 37s, 2 47s, 2 66s, 1 70, cant wait for the Hornby colas 60 and Bachmann 70 next year and of course 37099 (hint hint mr Bachmann!)

the real 099 is currently sat on the RTC, dont know what its next working is unfortunatly

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

wot no 47 or 70?

im not quite as bad as you (i think) 2 37s, 2 47s, 2 66s, 1 70, cant wait for the Hornby colas 60 and Bachmann 70 next year and of course 37099 (hint hint mr Bachmann!)

I'm still waiting to (potentially) add another class to the list...................

And where are the tampers?

Or this?

post-408-0-32968700-1481155380_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 5

Jim/Mick

Ha!Ha! I forgot to add my 70 (With fitted fan box) and two 47s _ Rebecca and Demelza although Demelza now going to be changed to City of Truro.

A friend of mine is scratch building the Colas container etc on it's KFA so I will definitely be a nice selection of Colas traction with only a Tamper missing! Keeping my fingers crossed that Bachmann will do 37099 in their 2017 announcements even though they will have to introduce a modified nose end!

You can see one of my re-sprayed Colas 60s on Layout Topics - Parkway.

Regards

John