Bahmann 20 sound installation photos

scafellpike

I wondered about that. I think speakers for V3.5 area 100 Ohms and for V4 are 4 or 8 Ohms.

that tallies with what I've read elsewhere on RMWeb and what is printed on the old speakers I've swapped out. I've now swapped out all the standard speakers on my fleet for is there is space a bass reflex and if the space is limited (eg Heljan 47s and 86s, Bachmann 20's) an iphone speaker.

Whaddya mean no room in a Heljan 48? Oops, or rather 47 !

Mine has 2 x 28mm hi-bass speakers in home-made enclosures (as per Paul Chetter's demo in Hornby Mag for Vi-Trains 37's of a few years ago)

They are blue tacked to the underside of the roof, and sit above each bogie tower, no probs...

Can photo if anyone interested?

PS, I suspect that a pair of YouChoos bricks will do just as well, and that's progress, I guess!

Happy New Year to one and all,

Regards,

Alan.

• RMweb Gold

Whaddya mean no room in a Heljan 48? Oops, or rather 47 !

Mine has 2 x 28mm hi-bass speakers in home-made enclosures (as per Paul Chetter's demo in Hornby Mag for Vi-Trains 37's of a few years ago)

They are blue tacked to the underside of the roof, and sit above each bogie tower, no probs...

Can photo if anyone interested?

PS, I suspect that a pair of YouChoos bricks will do just as well, and that's progress, I guess!

Happy New Year to one and all,

Regards,

Alan.

Always interested to see speaker mounting solutions - any chance of being able to hear it as well?

Hi Mike,

Photo? yes,

Video? Takes a bit longer!

(Got Zimo MXULFA yesterday, so a lot of sorting out going on, on the CV setting front)

post-17922-0-50134100-1483617845_thumb.jpeg

Owzat for a pair of speakers ?

That Heljan 47 is due for a major overhaul, as it was one of my earliest modifications, and my use of speakers and LEDs has improved massively since then (?)

I will try and do a video ASAP, but I haven't got a rolling road (yet) so the roof trusses tend to get in the way a bit when doing moving shots. However, I'm sure lots of folk would like to hear Pauliebanger's best offering, including startup, to full chat, and then back down to stop, with dynamic brakes!

I will try with my best camera, that should capture the fullness of the sounds!

Regards,

Alan.

Hi Mike,

Photo? yes,

Video? Takes a bit longer!

(Got Zimo MXULFA yesterday, so a lot of sorting out going on, on the CV setting front)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Owzat for a pair of speakers ?

That Heljan 47 is due for a major overhaul, as it was one of my earliest modifications, and my use of speakers and LEDs has improved massively since then (?)

I will try and do a video ASAP, but I haven't got a rolling road (yet) so the roof trusses tend to get in the way a bit when doing moving shots. However, I'm sure lots of folk would like to hear Pauliebanger's best offering, including startup, to full chat, and then back down to stop, with dynamic brakes!

I will try with my best camera, that should capture the fullness of the sounds!

Regards,

Alan.

Now that's a nice pair of ..........speakers !  I had a similar HJ47 with a pair of Loksounds  1x 28mm + 1x 23mm round and boy was it loud, but the original SWD V3.5 47 file was sadly lacking in a lot of respects.

Regards

Ken

Archived