Project Builds, Detailing, Painting, Weathering

Unusual or even unique?

dibber25

This is a work in progress - or almost finished. I bought an undecorated Walthers F40PH with a view to doing a second conversion into one of VIA Rail's rebuilt locomotives. I already did one conversion and I'm not a big fan of repeating projects, so it never got done. Then I read up on Tshuietin Rail (it means North Wind), a line in Northern Quebec and Labrador that's owned and operated by First Nations people. They have a couple of ex-Amtrak F40PHs and this is my repaint using aerosol cans and home-made decals. It needs its number boards completed and some more yellow paint on the steps, handrails and lower bodysides. The logo is a dream-catcher, I believe. The railway operates a passenger service with a couple of ex-VIA cars. Does anyone else have equipment in this paint scheme - the railway has wide-cab GP38s or 40s, too. (CJL)

post-1062-0-09308000-1481321963_thumb.jpg

post-1062-0-10137100-1481322104_thumb.jpg

Another morning's work and she's finished. It's an older Walthers model, so DCC installation is a cut wires and solder job. I chickened out half way through and TRains4U finished the installation for me. The ditch lights are couple of offcuts of sprue from the glazing, filed down and fitted in holes drilled in the body. They aren't independent, however, as they use the light from the headlight bulb. I think it's made good use of a model that was otherwise going back on Ebay, which was where I bought it a couple of years ago. (CJL)

post-1062-0-88041800-1481373970_thumb.jpg

Archived