Tinner's Forge

Interesting!

Name?

How about 'Trefot', which is the old Swedish version of the yard, three Swedish feet, and runs out at 29/32" shorter than an imperial yard......... it is, in fact, a small yard.

The 'Tre' sounds a bit Cornish too.

Kevin

Edited by Nearholmer
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This is how the planned layout would fit in the surrounding area.

The roads will have Cornish hedges each side, with trees either behind or growing from the top. The upper right corner will be the high point, the lower left the lowest point of the ground. Around the end of the pair of siding will be an earth bank, leading to the overgrown, cracked paving loading bank, and sloping the other way down to the triangular area between the sidings.

post-7025-0-50532900-1483189032_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Got a BWT, and a Sentinal ( the Model Rail one), and a Peckett to be purchased when I can.

Also fancy seeing a Class 22 here, maybe even a 20 or a 24/25.

I've also got a few clay wagons, both flat and hoods, so an occasional exchange movement might be in order.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Track bed painted

post-7025-0-83868700-1483369191_thumb.jpg

Track is also cut to size and pre-wired.

Do I use Larry's glue & ballast method ??? Not sure I'm brave enough...

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Looking good Stu. Will this be a true inglenook with regard to siding lengths?

Thanks. Yes, the sidings will suit a 5-3-3 Inglenook, each with an electro-magnet, though the longer siding might get two, to allow wagons to be left further along ( when in non-puzzle mode).

Points and two sidings are down, but the temperature in the garage plummeted just after 4pm so I stopped for the day.

Next job is to draw up the DC wiring diagram, I'm planning for two locos and the possibility of using DCC, as sound should work well on here with the planned enclosed space between the backscene and a roof holding the lighting.
  • Like 2